SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LGS Problem-- SOLVED
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LGS Problem-- SOLVED Login/Join 
Banned
posted
In a nutshell:

1- had a gun shipped in to my LGS, which I have done often

2- It arrived on the 10th and was signed for by an employee.

3- They seemed to have closed their doors on the 3rd and had a going out of business sale.

4- They are not returning my calls ( 10th, 11th, 12th)

5- I have left messages on their business phone and of the personal phone of the owner.

I am more than a little concerned. I have the USPS proof of delivery and signatory. I have also contacted the seller to get the sales data.

What do I need to do before I contact the law people.??
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrmn50,

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
damn I wish i had an answer for you. Last story i heard like this did not end well.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I believe I would talk to law enforcement about filing a report of a stolen firearm. Around here, you'd get better results from the County Sheriff than the city police.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I believe I would talk to law enforcement about filing a report of a stolen firearm. Around here, you'd get better results from the County Sheriff than the city police.

This. Now.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably a civil matter. Still contact the ATF and local police.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for the paperwork on the gun sale and then I will do as you all suggested.

Thanks. I appreciate you all.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
damn I wish i had an answer for you. Last story i heard like this did not end well.

What happened.??

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
What the what?!?

Can I ask which store?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

What happened.??

If it's the same story, you are now a low-level creditor in a BK case.

The firearm may be considered an asset of the business and where it goes is determined by a BK judge.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might contact the police about fraud charges. They went out of business on the 3rd and accepted possession of the firearm on the 10th.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
What the what?!?

Can I ask which store?

Hollow Point Firearms in New Prague, MN 56071

https://hollowpointfirearms.com/

They have closed their storefront operations and are now an FFL and on line business.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It's a civil matter.

Yes you bought the gun, but it has never been transferred to you by the LGS.

I'd try calling the guy at home and seeing if he can just transfer it to you. If that doesn't work try calling the local ATF guy and see if he can mediate it for you.

Bad call for the LGS to continue accepting parcels after figuring out to retire/quit/die....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What the what?!?

Can I ask which store?

They have closed their storefront operations and are now an FFL and on line business.

So they are still in business, just without the brick and mortar operation? If so I'm thinking you will eventually get your firearm.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
quote:
quote:
What the what?!?

Can I ask which store?

let's hope so. It's the failure to communicate that is getting me angry.

So they are still in business, just without the brick and mortar operation? If so I'm thinking you will eventually get your firearm.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What the what?!?

Can I ask which store?

Then you will probably be OK. Big difference from out of business to going strictly on line.

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Well. That got unintersting quickly.

Hope you get your gun soon, OP.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
We will see. I still need to get their attention if they do not contact me soon.

Thanks for all of the help.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I had a similar situation.
Resolved by ATF and explaining the situation. Proof of sale to me not FFL was the evidence the ATF needed.
ATF agent leaned very hard on FFL. Something along the lines of a complete review of inventory and sales.
E mail me for complete details.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Put a lean on the property?

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
In many jurisdictions in Texas, we'd look at this as theft of a firearm. Even though the transfers to and fro of the gun were a civil matter, depriving the lawful owner (you) of its possession is illegal since the local FFL has no property right to the gun.

This s a felony in Texas, and most DAs here would probably take that case in a New York minute.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post