SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dave Ramsey books?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Ramsey books? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Can anyone recommend a good book on finances (saving, investing, managing)? I know Dave Ramsey has several books out but I’m hoping one of you can advise if one is better than the other. Thank you.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Got a buddy that teaches the Dave Ramsey stuff. I sent him a text to see if he has any thoughts. Will get back to you when I hear something...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
The Total Money Makeover is a beginning step by step plan. Start with it, especially if you have debt. This is what made Dave Ramsey famous.

Financial Peace should be the next one. Attend Financial Peace University locally if you can.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
He wrote a book “Financial Peace” that I’ll recommend you read.

That turned into “Financial Peace University”, a series of classes to teach. That’s offered pretty much everywhere, libraries, churches, etc.

In fact, my church is currently offering it.

Best wishes to you.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My buddy, like Gene, said to start with "Financial Peace". All his other books are based on that one. Hope that helps!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
One that has influenced our investing and other financial endeavors is “The millionaire Next Door”. It got us through the recession in great shape.

I have given both my sons copies as well.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
My buddy, like Gene, said to start with "Financial Peace". All his other books are based on that one. Hope that helps!

Thank you for doing that, I appreciate it. I’ll pick one up today.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys. I appreciate it.

posted Hide Post
Another easy way to start is the Dave Ramsey Podcasts. They are entertaining and he does tell it like it is when confronted with less than smart folks. And his rants are pretty spot on.

Must say tho…. I tend to delete the Podcasts when the other personalities take over a show when he is out. They just don't have the charisma that he does.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Financial peace has a different meaning behind it. Just because you will out out of debt doesn't bring you peace. Now you have a chance to give. That's where peace comes in.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post