SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need advice on garage flooring
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on garage flooring Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:...
TKO and sigmonkey: I understand the Racedeck is hard and noisy? Is that right? ...

Noisy?

I can't hear it over the awesomeness of my Nailhead... Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if we can mention other forums here, but if your a member on a popular garage forum, I believe there is a discount offered by racedeck and other garage tile vendors, epoxies too.

I need to do something with my garage and shop. The vinyl tiles that were installed in the mid 80's are looking rough.... Real rough. Leaning towards a professional epoxy product for the cost savings over tiles. Plus, I've got some pretty heavy stuff in the shop.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
My shop is 3,575 sf so that might cost a bit.

You are the envy of us all, we bow to you!

Thanks Doc, but I was not trying to brag. I was and still am in the aviation and contracting business (slowed down a bit since I turned 72) and needed that size to keep the helicopter in and still have room to work on other aircraft components such as wings and stuff for customers. In the hangar we use an epoxy high gloss light gray finish that is really tough against brake fluid, aviation fuel, and other drips that occur.

Good Luck in your search!

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Tuff-Seal: Holy cow, they are expensive? Can you tell us what you paid for you 20x20 garage?

It was right around 2 grand but the appearance upgrade was worth it to me. It's an attached garage and we use it for our main house entrance so it's not very garage like. No mess, no clutter, complete drywall, and some cabinets I built against one wall.

Most of the better floorings are going to be right close to that kind of money. A friend of mine has racedeck and it looks great but it's not quiet to walk on. He put landscape fabric under it to control the noise but it still makes noise. I'd hate it if it were mine, he's accepted the noise and goes on with his life. It does scratch easier than pvc tiles too.

The tiles Justin sells over at garageflooringllc are a little cheaper but have the jigsaw puzzle look that I didn't want.
G-Floor rollout is another option. It looks good and it's durable. Again, not much for cushion but horse stall mats in a few places take care of that. Depot and Sams club used to have G floor rolls for a good price, they probably still do. I think I was looking for 9x20 rolls when I was looking at it.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post