SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    IRA and Fiduciary Standard. SF insight needed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IRA and Fiduciary Standard. SF insight needed. Login/Join 
posted
A little background.Within 5 years of retirement.Rolled a small 401k into an IRA about 10 years ago and has done fairly well(averaged return of 11%).Last year changed strategy to balanced growth and income in funds.

My question is what exactly in layman's terms are the benefits of having this grandfathered?

The second part of this is I may be receiving a decent payout for the sale of the ESOP I work for but wont happen until after the June 9 deadline.Do I leave the first IRA alone and start a second or roll them over into one?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
You seem to be mixing multiple concepts into single (complex) questions. Probably best if you seek out a qualified investment advisor that you can sit down with.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
A little background.Within 5 years of retirement.Rolled a small 401k into an IRA about 10 years ago and has done fairly well(averaged return of 11%).Last year changed strategy to balanced growth and income in funds.

My question is what exactly in layman's terms are the benefits of having this grandfathered?

The second part of this is I may be receiving a decent payout for the sale of the ESOP I work for but wont happen until after the June 9 deadline.Do I leave the first IRA alone and start a second or roll them over into one?

A quick internet search suggests grandfathering is an issue for investment advisors, not you.

http://www.investmentnews.com/...rovision-trip-you-up

Why not go to the horses mouth directly. Ask your Financial Services Company. They handle thousands per year and have researched all the angles

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post