SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    R.I.P. J. Geils
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R.I.P. J. Geils Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Damn Frown

One of my favorite albums (all 34 minutes of it). Always wondered why more from the show wasn't included.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
R.I.P., loved their music, saw them once in the '70s.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this. Like many of you, I grew up with their music and being from Mass, J. Veils was always big.

Many years ago I was shopping for a new (used) car and test drove a Ford Explorer that had been owned by J. Geils. Nice car, but I didn't buy it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
RIP Frown

Good party music.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. When I saw this last night I was surprised that he was from MA. I thought he was from MI. when I checked on the net I saw that they considered Detroit a second home. They recorded two albums there. I saw him at several small venous during the 70's while in high school and college. RIP

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I only know his band's two biggest hits, but they're both real standouts and they hold up very well.

I still carry a distinct memory of hearing Centerfold in the pizza joint that was located across from the arcade at the mall when I was about 16. It just seemed so cool - hanging with a buddy, eating pizza, coin-op video games soon to follow, and a fun song about a dude seeing a hot chick he knew from highschool in a "girly magazine." I guess it kind of spoke to me, though none of my Angels ever turned out to be centerfolds, that I know of.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post