SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for mortgage "experts"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for mortgage "experts" Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
Actually, you don't have to be an expert. Wink

I know mortgage rates don't exactly follow the prime, but with the drastic lowering of the prime, do any of you see mortgage rates eventually dropping even further?

Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I was just approved for a mortgage at 2.875%. That's the lowest I have ever seen, and don't know that lenders would want to go much lower than that.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That IS low! Was that conventional 30 year? Or 15?

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
When we went in for approval we got 3.25%, that was about 5 weeks ago. We were about 110 days from closing at that point, now we are at about 76 days until closing (we don't close until the middle of June). Our financial guy said he checks regularly and if it drops low enough to make it worth paying to lock in he'll contact us.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Good luck for a lower rate!

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ That IS low! Was that conventional 30 year? Or 15?

USDA RD 30 year.

Conventional 30 was 3.25%.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Good luck for a lower rate!
Thanks. With everything going on I just hope we can get the 3.25% or better Smile

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post