Find
Notify
Tools
jeopardy game Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
OUT OF THIS WORLD

Don't call them UFOs any more; the Navy prefers you now use this term.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
What is a UAP (unidentified aerial phenomena)?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Very good! TBIY

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
CINEMA

The main characters’s performance of “Singin’ in the Rain” was completely unscripted in this iconic film.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What is A Clockwork Orange?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Right right.

TBIY

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
HISTORY

It's the only document that U.S. Military Intelligence was unable to decode.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
What is the Voynich Manuscript?

May not be what you are looking for, but I’m fairly no one has deciphered it.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's exactly what I was looking for.

The Intelligence Service would spend its free time deciphering encrypted historical documents, including the Voynich Manuscript, a 15th century codex written in an unknown encoded language. It never succeeded, nor has anyone to date (although a translation within the last couple years holds promise).

Well done. TBIY.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
HISTORY

This moldable children's toy was discovered by accident.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What is Play-Doh?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Negative.

-$500

From Wiki on Play-Doh:

quote:
The non-toxic, non-staining, reusable modeling compound that came to be known as "Play-Doh" was a pliable, putty-like substance concocted by Noah McVicker of Cincinnati-based soap manufacturer Kutol Products. It was devised at the request of Kroger Grocery, which wanted a product that could clean coal residue from wallpaper...McVicker's nephew, Joe McVicker, joined Kutol with the remit to save the company from bankruptcy. Joe McVicker was the brother-in-law of nursery school teacher Kay Zufall, who had seen a newspaper article about making art projects with the wallpaper cleaning putty.[5] Her students enjoyed it, and she persuaded Noah McVicker (who also sold the putty) and Joe McVicker to manufacture it as a child’s toy.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I've seen Play-Doh on lists of things discovered by accident.

OK, so how about "What is Silly Putty?"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Ding. It’s all you.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
MOVIES

This was the first major Hollywood production to list the stunt performers in the credits.

***BEEP BEEP BEEP***

What is Rollerball?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
BUSINESS

The drugstore chain Walgreens flourished in the 1920s, expanding from 20 retail stores to almost 400, by selling this.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
what is alcohol?

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
what is alcohol?

Correct, specifically whiskey, which could be sold by prescription during the Prohibition era.

TBIY

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
ok - i'm watching jack ryan, and capped this one for the players today:

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What were the Narraganset?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."