Tools
jeopardy game Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
What is the United States?

Not US. The United States and Russia are tied at 11 zones apiece. The winner has 12.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think there are a good bit of French territories around the globe, so:

What is France?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Exactly right! It's due to the number of French territories around the world.

TBIY

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Transportation

Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge all made a vehicle with this name (albeit, not at the same time).

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Transportation

Ford, Chevrolet, and Dodge all made a vehicle with this name (albeit, not at the same time).

What is the Falcon?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Falcon or Durango would be correct.

You're up.

posted Hide Post
Television

These television characters went to an Army recruiter as a joke and signed their enlistment papers as Major Woody and Private Parts.

"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Who are Beavis and Butthead?

It has been a while.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Who are Beavis and Butthead?

Correct.

- Benjamin Franklin

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Television

Only three recording artists had a #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 charts that didn't make an appearance on American Bandstand during the lifetime of the show:

• Elvis Presley
  • Ricky Nelson
  • _____________?

•  
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    "Who were The Beatles?" (I think like Elvis, phone interviews but no actual appearance.)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    Fair enough (Guess I should have specified a solo artist).

TBIY

Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    Who were you thinking of? I also thought of the Rolling Stones, also obviously a group.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    Yeah, Checked what I was looking for and when it said 'never made an appearance, it was supposed to mean live/video/presentation/etc...

No biggie. I'll save it for later and phrase the answer better next time. Big Grin

Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    ASTRONOMY

"It is 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4.0905 seconds."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by kkina:
    ASTRONOMY

What is a stellar day?

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by TMats:
    quote:
    Originally posted by kkina:
    ASTRONOMY

What is a stellar day?

So close, you're on the right track...a stellar day (which keys off the stars) is 23 hours 56 minutes 4.0989 seconds.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

Banned
    posted Hide Post
    solar day?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
    Lost
    Picture of kkina
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by zipriderson:
    solar day?

A (mean) solar day is 24 hours.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
    "First, Eyes."

My other Sig
    is a Steyr.
    Picture of .38supersig
    posted Hide Post
    Had to get out my telescope and look hard for this one. Big Grin

What is a Sidereal day?