New
Find
Notify
Tools
jeopardy game Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
Post an answer and let the next person post the question. Then post the next answer.

This actor's nickname was The Duke.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: f2,

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Who is John Wayne?

This explosive was added to nitroglycerine to reduce freezing, which can dramatically increase handling hazards.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Subject line

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
What does the forum owner say when subject lines are not clear?

Dribble.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
What does the forum owner say when subject lines are not clear?

Dribble.

Like this:

A: "Sigforum's owner and mods may post this when the purpose of a post isn't clear."
Q: "What is ``subject line''?"

A: Often seen in reply to "How many guns do you need?"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Dribble

“What is the title of this thread”

Masterlock

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Who is John Wayne?

This explosive was added to nitroglycerine to reduce freezing, which can dramatically increase handling hazards.

I must have mis-read Wiki. I thought nitro was more stable frozen but was dangerous to thaw. But the only additive I saw was ethanol, good ol antifreeze.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
Who is John Wayne?

I must have mis-read Wiki. I thought nitro was more stable frozen but was dangerous to thaw. But the only additive I saw was ethanol, good ol antifreeze.

You are not incorrect. NG is more stable when frozen, but it is too much of a PIA to KEEP that way. At some point in the field and storage, it will thaw. That goes for straight NG or NG dynamites, which were much more prevalent used.

While ethanol can fulfill the antifreeze role when mixed with NG, it reduces explosive performance, since ethanol is not an explosive. The additive I was hinting at is a liquid explosive by itself.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Answer: The SigForum LAIR

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Answer: The SigForum LAIR

Q: Where's the place to post discussions about common interests--Film, literature, music and hobbies and so-on?

Well-played, sir! Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

Q: What is ethylene glycol dinitrate?

A: Known more commonly by its three-letter initials, its full name is trinitrotoluene.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
A: Known more commonly by its three-letter initials, its full name is trinitrotoluene.
What is TNT?

This 1981 movie almost entirely comprised of a dinner conversation between two friends.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
This 1981 movie almost entirely comprised of a dinner conversation between two friends.

Q: What is My Dinner with Andre?

A: He wrote the song "I'm a Believer", which became a hit single for TV band The Monkees.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Q: Who is Neil Diamond?

A: He is thought to be the author of the phrase "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
catagory : Iowa

answer: it's only president of the united states

Who is______________

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Who is Abraham Lincoln?

Subject: Entertainment

Ernie Anderson, Love Boat announcer, hosted what late nite show in Cleveland?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
catagory : Iowa

answer: it's only president of the united states

Who is__ Herbert Hoover ____________

Pretty easy since I'm from Iowa.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:
Subject: Entertainment

Ernie Anderson, Love Boat announcer, hosted what late nite show in Cleveland?

Hey, you forgot to phrase your question in the form of an answer!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Mom and Dad told their son why his middle name was “Rosebud” in this popular 1960s sitcom.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
What is The Dick Van Dyke Show?

Category: The Unexplained.

Predicted the winner of the Kentucky Derby for seven consecutive years.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post