SIGforum
jeopardy game

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5080037654

November 09, 2019, 07:03 PM
kkina
jeopardy game
OUT OF THIS WORLD

Don't call them UFOs any more; the Navy prefers you now use this term.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 09, 2019, 09:20 PM
flesheatingvirus
What is a UAP (unidentified aerial phenomena)?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
November 09, 2019, 10:25 PM
kkina
Very good! TBIY

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 10, 2019, 12:20 AM
flesheatingvirus
CINEMA

The main characters’s performance of “Singin’ in the Rain” was completely unscripted in this iconic film.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
November 10, 2019, 12:44 AM
kkina
What is A Clockwork Orange?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 10, 2019, 07:39 AM
flesheatingvirus
Right right.

TBIY

November 10, 2019, 02:28 PM
kkina
HISTORY

It's the only document that U.S. Military Intelligence was unable to decode.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 10, 2019, 09:01 PM
flesheatingvirus
What is the Voynich Manuscript?

May not be what you are looking for, but I’m fairly no one has deciphered it.

November 10, 2019, 09:10 PM
kkina
It's exactly what I was looking for.

The Intelligence Service would spend its free time deciphering encrypted historical documents, including the Voynich Manuscript, a 15th century codex written in an unknown encoded language. It never succeeded, nor has anyone to date (although a translation within the last couple years holds promise).

Well done. TBIY.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 11, 2019, 11:47 AM
flesheatingvirus
HISTORY

This moldable children's toy was discovered by accident.

November 11, 2019, 01:01 PM
kkina
What is Play-Doh?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 11, 2019, 05:21 PM
flesheatingvirus
Negative.

-$500

From Wiki on Play-Doh:

quote:
The non-toxic, non-staining, reusable modeling compound that came to be known as "Play-Doh" was a pliable, putty-like substance concocted by Noah McVicker of Cincinnati-based soap manufacturer Kutol Products. It was devised at the request of Kroger Grocery, which wanted a product that could clean coal residue from wallpaper...McVicker's nephew, Joe McVicker, joined Kutol with the remit to save the company from bankruptcy. Joe McVicker was the brother-in-law of nursery school teacher Kay Zufall, who had seen a newspaper article about making art projects with the wallpaper cleaning putty.[5] Her students enjoyed it, and she persuaded Noah McVicker (who also sold the putty) and Joe McVicker to manufacture it as a child’s toy.

November 11, 2019, 09:35 PM
kkina
I've seen Play-Doh on lists of things discovered by accident.

OK, so how about "What is Silly Putty?"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 11, 2019, 10:58 PM
flesheatingvirus
Ding. It’s all you.

November 12, 2019, 11:05 PM
kkina
MOVIES

This was the first major Hollywood production to list the stunt performers in the credits.

***BEEP BEEP BEEP***

What is Rollerball?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 12, 2019, 11:07 PM
kkina
BUSINESS

The drugstore chain Walgreens flourished in the 1920s, expanding from 20 retail stores to almost 400, by selling this.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 13, 2019, 03:24 AM
f2
what is alcohol?
November 13, 2019, 11:47 AM
kkina
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
what is alcohol?

Correct, specifically whiskey, which could be sold by prescription during the Prohibition era.

TBIY

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
November 14, 2019, 02:17 AM
f2
ok - i'm watching jack ryan, and capped this one for the players today:

November 14, 2019, 02:43 AM
kkina
What were the Narraganset?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."