Find
Notify
Tools
jeopardy game Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Who is Thomas Jefferson?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Nope, try again.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
While Edward Hyde would fit if you were to ask about the first world class weirdo, I'll pick my second likely suspect:

Who is Alexander Hamilton?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
While Edward Hyde would fit if you were to ask about the first world class weirdo, I'll pick my second likely suspect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoo7z7aZNM

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are correct, sir. The board is yours.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Neat Stuff!

This item, designed by Lockheed for nuclear submarines, is almost identical to one that was made ~5,000 years ago.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Lockheed designed the item in question for use in circulating coolant without turbulence.

I don't think they had the same idea around 3,000BC.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What is an Archimedes' screw?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Ooo. Close.

It is worth mentioning that Lockheed brought theirs to fruition without knowledge of its predecessor.

It was many years later that one of the engineers was touring the museum and instantly recognized the unknown relic.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
*** beep * beep * beep ***

We would have accepted either a lobed disc or a trilobed disc:

Here it is as being displayed at the first wing of the Egyptian Museum located in Cairo. I don't think they had nuclear submarines back then, but we are also told they didn't have hubs, axles, etc... Confused

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sales and Promotions

Chick-fil-A celebrates Cow Appreciation Day annually.

The first live cow used on location for Cow Appreciation Day made his appearance a few years back.

We are looking for either the cow's name or the location that he appeared.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

We would have accepted either a lobed disc or a trilobed disc:

Here it is as being displayed at the first wing of the Egyptian Museum located in Cairo. I don't think they had nuclear submarines back then, but we are also told they didn't have hubs, axles, etc... Confused

I initially thought the correct answer might be "propeller", but didn't think it was 5,000 years old. I guess they don't know what that disc was, or who could have possibly made it. Ancient advanced civilization or alien visitation time.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, I don't know what is more interesting: That it can circulate fluid without turbulence or cavitation, or that it wasn't lost or damaged. For the record, I would have broken it in about 8 minutes. Big Grin

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sales and Promotions

Chick-fil-A celebrates Cow Appreciation Day annually.

The first live cow used on location for Cow Appreciation Day made his appearance a few years back.

We are looking for either the cow's name or the location that he appeared.

Who was Freedom?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
This cow was in Athens, Georgia for Cow Appreciation day of 2010 (not sure about Freedom's debut).

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Who was Freckles, Molly or Cat?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

His name was Max. He was a sweet cow. He would escape once a week and find himself in my front yard somehow. It took a while for me to figure out why the bird feeder was empty every morning. A squirrel has nothing on this guy:

The Armed Forces

This sergeant was the heaviest in the U.S. Marine Corps and served during the Korean war. Earning two Purple Hearts, a Good Conduct Medal, a Presidential Unit Citation, a Korean Service Medal, and a United Nations Service Medal.

Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
OK, this one I know.

Who was Sgt. Reckless, formerly known as 'Ah Chim Hai'?

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yes!

I was almost running out of stuff. Reckless was a good story. Another good read is that of Wojtek. Making my questions about a cow, a horse, and a bear.

TBIY

Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
US HISTORY

This individual was the first US civilian to fly in space.