SIGforum
jeopardy game

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5080037654

September 14, 2019, 06:45 PM
motor59
jeopardy game
You are correct and have the board, Sir!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
September 14, 2019, 07:01 PM
.38supersig
Fictional Characters

He started with the U.N.C.L.E. and later appeared on Scrubs and Family Guy. Now he is represented by his own Monopoly token.

September 15, 2019, 09:08 AM
.38supersig
The six movies in which he appeared were no walk in the Park. Had to fight a Tyrannosaurs (or at least outsmart one) more than once.

Recently appeared with a bunch of guys in a Cadillac. Who you gonna call?

September 15, 2019, 03:09 PM
.38supersig
Games? Plenty of games. His first appearance was by way of the Commodore 64.

Still hits his opponents like a Mack truck.

September 15, 2019, 04:33 PM
LS1 GTO
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Games? Plenty of games. His first appearance was by way of the Commodore 64.

Still hits his opponents like a Mack truck.

Who's Wrekin Ralph?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

September 15, 2019, 06:00 PM
.38supersig
Not Ralph.

I'll scare up a few more clues before moving on.

While making the 100 greatest villains of all time list, the worst thing to happen was the destruction of Chicago. Called for a truce when his nemesis earned his respect.

When the first action figure was released, it went for sale most everywhere. In Australia a special license is required to have this toy today. The TSA won't let you fly with one either.

September 16, 2019, 03:59 PM
.38supersig
*** Beep * Beep * Beep ***

The queation we were looking for was 'Who is Megatron?'

Next clue:

Transportation

An earlier question had a reference concerning the automotive assembly line.

As cars were being built, they weren't moved at all. Later it was moved around to aid in assembly. Jump a few years down the road and the car travelled the length of the entire building and was driven out of the other side.

This production car travelled the greatest distance between the starting point of assembly and final drive out.

September 16, 2019, 05:56 PM
kkina
What was the Dual-Ghia?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 16, 2019, 06:47 PM
.38supersig
Yup. close enough. Turns out there were three cars built by the Detroit - Turin - Detroit assembly process and the distance between plants have a 19 mile variation.

TBIY.

September 16, 2019, 07:05 PM
kkina
WAR HISTORY

"It was said with one of these, you could hit a pickle barrel at 20,000 feet."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 16, 2019, 07:47 PM
flesheatingvirus
What is a Norden bombsight?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 16, 2019, 08:05 PM
kkina
Ja wohl. TBIY

Although under ideal conditions the Norden probably could accomplish such feats, in actual combat its performance was a bit more modest. Still a marvel of engineering.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 17, 2019, 01:38 PM
flesheatingvirus
Science!

This name for this item used commonly to distract cats or during presentations is actually an acronym. (also define the acronym)

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
September 17, 2019, 01:56 PM
zipriderson
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Science!

This name for this item used commonly to distract cats or during presentations is actually an acronym. (also define the acronym)

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation, ie Laser.
September 17, 2019, 04:39 PM
flesheatingvirus
Ding.

You have the board.

September 17, 2019, 08:07 PM
zipriderson
Holidays

This holiday, made popular in the mid 1990's, is 'for the rest of us.'
September 17, 2019, 08:09 PM
kkina
What is Festivus?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 17, 2019, 10:22 PM
zipriderson
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
What is Festivus?

Yep
September 17, 2019, 11:25 PM
kkina
LITERATURE

This famous author became the first person to become a billionaire through book sales alone.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
September 18, 2019, 12:29 PM
flesheatingvirus
Who is JK Rowling?