SIGforum
jeopardy game

This topic can be found at:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5080037654

September 05, 2019, 10:51 PM
kkina
jeopardy game
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
What is a Lotus 7?

Youse guys are good. TBIY.





ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"
September 05, 2019, 11:18 PM
Flashlightboy
POLITICS

This state is the only one that hasn't elected a female to either the US Senate or House of Representatives.
September 05, 2019, 11:24 PM
Flashlightboy
MUSIC

This female singer is the youngest to have a single go Platinum.
September 06, 2019, 11:52 PM
kkina
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
MUSIC

This female singer is the youngest to have a single go Platinum.

You may have got us. I'll guess, "Who is Willow Smith?", but she is the youngest female to score a double-platinum single.



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"
September 07, 2019, 12:33 AM
Flashlightboy
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
MUSIC

This female singer is the youngest to have a single go Platinum.

You may have got us. I'll guess, "Who is Willow Smith?", but she is the youngest female to score a double-platinum single.


Beating out Brenda Lee by just a short bit, the youngest female singer to go Platinum was Little Peggy March simging a song made famous once again by Whoopi Goldberg in Sister Act - I Will Follow Him.

But the title of youngest ever goes to Stevie Wonder.
September 09, 2019, 02:19 AM
kkina
BIOCHEMISTRY

"It's the most toxic non-radioactive substance known to man; a mere two billionths of a gram is enough to kill a person."



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"
September 09, 2019, 04:05 PM
RichN
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
BIOCHEMISTRY

"It's the most toxic non-radioactive substance known to man; a mere two billionths of a gram is enough to kill a person."


What is Botulinum?

I'll deal with my wrinkles, thank you.


------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
September 09, 2019, 05:04 PM
kkina
Correct. You're up.



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"
September 09, 2019, 05:40 PM
RichN
Cartoons

These inept villains were no match for the stars of this series.




------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
September 09, 2019, 05:45 PM
Flashlightboy
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
Cartoons

These inept villains were no match for the stars of this series.



Who are Boris and Natasha trying to catch Rocky and Bullwinkle.
September 09, 2019, 06:09 PM
RichN
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
Cartoons

These inept villains were no match for the stars of this series.



Who are Boris and Natasha trying to catch Rocky and Bullwinkle.


I was actually looking for the name of the show (The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show), but I'll accept it.

The board is yours.


------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
September 09, 2019, 06:35 PM
Flashlightboy
TV Shows

This sibling to Richie and Joanie was written off the show in Season 2, never to be heard from or reappear again.
September 09, 2019, 08:05 PM
kkina
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
TV Shows

This sibling to Richie and Joanie was written off the show in Season 2, never to be heard from or reappear again.

Who was Chuck Cunningham?



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"
September 09, 2019, 09:40 PM
Flashlightboy
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
TV Shows

This sibling to Richie and Joanie was written off the show in Season 2, never to be heard from or reappear again.

Who was Chuck Cunningham?


That is correct. You control the board.
September 09, 2019, 10:12 PM
kkina
TELEVISION

"Strange love a star woman teaches" is an unsung lyric in the theme song to this popular television series.



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"
September 10, 2019, 12:54 AM
motor59
What is Star Trek? (TOS)

Entertainment

This prolific actor was a Navy vet of WWII. He was often known for his roles in uniform, including an appearance in StarTrek-The Next Generation. He also had guest appearances in several TV shows as well as one groundbreaking feature film, all recently discussed in The Lounge or The Lair.

****Edited to add****

Forbidden Planet

This message has been edited. Last edited by: motor59,




suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
September 11, 2019, 04:05 PM
motor59
Hint added above.




suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
September 11, 2019, 04:22 PM
kkina
quote:
Forbidden Planet

Well, why didn't you say so? Who was George D. Wallace?



ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"Pen & Sword as One"
September 11, 2019, 05:05 PM
motor59
Not who I was looking for.
(And I didn't say it because I wanted this to be harder than a quick internet search)

Hint #2
Perry Mason

Edit -

Scratch that - they were both in Perry Mason episodes. Can't use that one.

Also cannot use Fantasy Island, The Bionic Woman, The Rookies, Emergency, The Six Million Dollar Man, Ironside, The FBI, Laramie or Tales of Wells Fargo,among others.

So lets use Sea Hunt as the clue.




suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
September 11, 2019, 07:06 PM
.38supersig
Who is Lloyd Bridges?



My other Sig is a Steyr...