posted Hide Post
Who was Jimmy the Greek?

Posts: 3595 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Predicted the winner of the Kentucky Derby for seven consecutive years.

Who is Demling?

Posts: 11798 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I ll take Anal Bum Cover for $600

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

Posts: 32766 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:

A: He is thought to be the author of the phrase "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest: Abraham Lincoln

I'm sorry, that is not the correct answer.

Would anyone else care to guess before time expires?

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Posts: 2463 | Location: Exit 7 | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A: He is thought to be the author of the phrase "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest: Abraham Lincoln

I'm sorry, that is not the correct answer.

Would anyone else care to guess before time expires?

Who is Switzer?

Posts: 11798 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Correct!

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Posts: 2463 | Location: Exit 7 | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Correct!

What is an Alex Tribek statement when he's at work?

Damn!!

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

"All Californians, like all citizens of the United States, have a fundamental Constitutional right to keep and bear common and dangerous arms. The nation’s Founders used arms for self-protection, for the common defense, for hunting food, and as a check against tyranny." Judge Benitez - March 2019

Posts: 10510 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Correct!

Well, then..."These ocean predators belong to a primitive order of fishes, whose skeletal structures are based on cartilage, not bone."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
These ocean predators belong to a primitive order of fishes, whose skeletal structures are based on cartilage, not bone.
what are sharks?

songwriters for $200 Alex

born Henry John Deutschendorf Jr., in a song he once thanked God that he was a country boy

Posts: 9541 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
songwriters for $200 Alex

born Henry John Deutschendorf Jr., in a song he once thanked God that he was a country boy

Who is John Denver?

This famous composer, whose name is almost synonymous with Baroque music, once became engaged in a full-fledged stick-vs.-dagger fight with a bassoon player (my kind of composer!).

On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

This famous composer, whose name is almost synonymous with Baroque music, once became engaged in a full-fledged stick-vs.-dagger fight with a bassoon player (my kind of composer!).
Who was Johann Sebastian Bach?

A mind is a terrible thing.

Posts: 20931 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Who was Johann Sebastian Bach?

Correct!

After the break we'll return with Double Jeopardy, and V-Tail in command of the board.

On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
For the next question, I'll take fagotti for $800.

And the answer is: He wrote 39 concerti for bassoon, two of which he started to compose but did not complete them.

Posts: 20931 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
A: Who is Vivaldi?

Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Its trade name is a portmanteau of the French words for hook and velvet.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its trade name is a portmanteau of the French words for hook and velvet.

What is "Velcro"?

It's an ancient form of Roman dress, or a switch on the auto-throttle often useful for missed approaches.

On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's an ancient form of Roman dress, or a switch on the auto-throttle often useful for missed approaches.
What is TOGA?

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What is TOGA?

Would have been very disappointed had you missed that one.

On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

What is TOGA?
Would have been very disappointed had you missed that one.
I had to think about that, I have never flown one that was labeled "TOGA." The ones I have flown were all labeled "GA."

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The flaming gaspit in this Central Asian country was originally ignited by a team of blundering Russian scientists, and has been burning continuously since 1971.