New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soul Train Login/Join 
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
It don't get no better than The Jackson 5 & Cher!

You capped off a great day Para. Just awesome.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Funny. I used to watch and then hide in the bathroom and practice my 'moves' in front of the mirror.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Ah yes. I too used to think I had the moves on the dance floor, and thank god everyday that no one had video back in the 70's and 80's.

There was another show that I watched too, Dance Fever with Denny Terrio. I thought if I could imitate him I'd have all the ladies. Never would I have expected that I could be so wrong about that.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Man, seems like it was another lifetime ago...
I still can’t dance
But I got married and got to use my tongue and hands

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
One of the things that really impressed me was how accepted fat black women were and could they ever dance...it was magical.

Yes even calorie efficient black men were also kings of the dance floor as this old video shows and brings back fond memories !!! Enjoy and God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3056 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Soul Train is responsible for my exquisite fashion sense and fabulous dance moves in my high school days.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My father was a racist, and quite perturbed about me listening to "jungle bunny" music back in the day. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Boy, do I feel old.
I see the 70s, 80s, & 90s mentioned. How about the 50 & 60s??
Bandstand started in 52 although I started watching in the late 50s.
By the 70s I was an "adult" working my life away to raise children.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
As a kid I remember watching AB. I didn't watch it religiously though. I always enjoyed listening to Motown and Funk. Just seemed like a lot of fun. Forgot about dancing like that though.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post