SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mountain bikers...what do I have?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mountain bikers...what do I have? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
I don’t know how much things have changed but back ~ 10 years ago when I was racing a lot and working in a bike shop, the only collectible specialized bike was the first year stump jumpers, those were something that people would pay for. Another cool one was the Gary fisher Grateful Dead bike.
You remember any of the first Gary Klein mountain bikes. I still have and ride an original Klein Attitude Comp, vintage 1999. The frames on those bikes were an absolute work of art.

Gosh I forgot about Klein bikes, my first serious mountain bike was a Klein in like 1994, it was neon green, I think it was a pinnacle or a rascal.

Neon Green? Sure it wasn't the Adroit? Loved that one.

You very well my be right. I had about a 10 different mountain bikes over the years I raced.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your bikes have no monetary value. You could donate them, someone would find a use for them. In some towns there are non profit cycling organizations that take inner city kids out on the trails.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I am selling an as new road bike, and priced it how I would like it to sell. A respondent sent me this link to show me the bluebook value. It might be a useful link for your search.

https://www.bicyclebluebook.co...detail.aspx?id=43848
Not sure I'd trust the results outta that website. I searched my old bike and found an excellent private party sale value of ~$175. I've seen several 1999-2000 Klein Attitude Comp stripped 'frames' go for $300-$400, and complete bikes in excellent condition go for as high as $1k.

Sometimes Bicycle Blue Book is good to find a ballpark starting value, but it's also often wildly inaccurate. bigdeal's is a typical example.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm keeping both of them.

And I doubt they "have no monetary value"

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I'm keeping both of them.

And I doubt they "have no monetary value"

FN in MT

Wink Me too

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Hi everyone!
It's nice to see you again. Welcome back.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post