SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who Spends $100,000 For A New Mustang?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Spends $100,000 For A New Mustang? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
new stang? or 60 y.o. "muscle" car for $165,000.00 it's all relative

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Camaro ZL1 1LE FTMFW

I needed another 34K, so I had to settle for 455 HP.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Camaro ZL1 1LE FTMFW

This.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
My brand new Mustang was ~$1700 in 1968.

AIR, I paid about $1700 for my new 1963 Chevy Impala, 2 door, 327 High Performance engine, close ratio 4 on the floor. Drove it for 3 years, had 90K miles on it, in Germany yet.

Traded it off for a new VW fastback. We were getting out of the army and figured we didn't need that gas hog.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Anybody taking bets as to how much some of those folks paying that kind of money for a car have in credit card debt and other debts?

We were in Nate's graduation and were checking in to the hotel. Woman in front of us was having problems with her credit card. Maxed out. She pulled out a couple more, all maxed out.

She went to the car and came back with about a dozen. Yup! All maxed out!

We have a neighbor lady (widow of my best friend) who is retired GS12. She gets her pension as well as her husband's and neither of them are small. She must be getting at least 60K per year. In debt up to here ear lobes, and just refinanced her house, again, and now has a $360K mortgage on it. And that is not all her debts.

As someone here quoted a while back, "The problem with common sense is that it is not common enough!"

Every time I drive into town I watch all those high dollar pickups. All of them with 4WD, yada yada yada. Surprising number of them are driven by women who look to be about 12 YO and can barely, if at all, see over the steering wheel.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in Canada dealer markup doesn’t happen.
You can get big discounts on the gt350.
I wanted to trade my 5.0 but couldn’t justify it.

100k is starting into 911 territory, no?

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paying MSRP is dumb enough. The problem with most of these cars, like a new "ultimate" Mustang or Corvette, is that next year there is always a new "ultimate" and your car depreciates like a rock.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
quote:
Camaro ZL1 1LE FTMFW

This.

Never considered myself a "Chevy guy" but the ZL1-1LE is a car I would consider if I could swing it.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
quote:
quote:
Camaro ZL1 1LE FTMFW

This.

Never considered myself a "Chevy guy" but the ZL1-1LE is a car I would consider if I could swing it.

For 100k or less I am getting a Z06. Pretty impressive mustang though. My old 93mustang is my favorite car I have owned.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Price the dealer charges and price you pay are not always the same.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
quote:
quote:
Camaro ZL1 1LE FTMFW

This.

A buddy has a 17, ZL1, 1LE. I've driven it a few times and it IS surely THE most bang for the performance car , buck going today.

BUT...Unless a guy TRACKS it....WHERE are You ever going to use it? My WAY under $40K ,2017 SS with a mere 455 HP is just right.

But experiencing a street car capable of high 10 second quarter mile times...IS rather awesome.

Drove a GT350 R last year when I was looking for a fun car and they DO sound like a Formula car. But $100K ? Insanity.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by acidjazz:
100k is starting into 911 territory, no?

A dealer in Denver just recently sent me an email about leftover 2017s. They had a Carrera coupe discounted to $96k, so yeah

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
What bank would finance that extra $30,000? I bet none.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2837 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
What bank would finance that extra $30,000? I bet none.

I would hope someone buying a 100k car would not be financing the whole amount....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
There are discounts on them in Alberta.
I thought Ford frowned on dealer price adjustments?
I’m a Ford guy, but for the price you can get a ZL1 or Hellcat....both better street cars.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I like the GT350 but that price is fucking insane. No way. Maybe 66k but even that is a bit expensive for a Mustang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Explains why there are more high end Camaros & Challengers on the roads these days..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Ford announced earning yesterday

Sales down
Revenue tanked

That’s what happens when some of your competitors gain an unfair competitive advantage via the American taxpayer

https://www.forbes.com/sites/j...se-you/#6c2aa5e16735

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post