SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who Spends $100,000 For A New Mustang?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Spends $100,000 For A New Mustang? Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
um, LBJ might...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
um, LBJ might...

Yeah, but that one is BADASS!
Smile

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's some awfully nice stuff at the $100k price point I'd choose over a Mustang.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
Ford announced earning yesterday

Sales down
Revenue tanked

That’s what happens when some of your competitors gain an unfair competitive advantage via the American taxpayer

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
"Memphis" says......Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My rule has always been anything that costs more than $50k has to come with a bathroom

To date, I have not broken that rule....and I’ve owned some very nice cars. I just don’t insist they be brand new, I always have more patience than the dealer, and I prioritize practicality over performance....

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
If I'm paying $100K for a car, it better be providing sexual favors.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
My rule has always been anything that costs more than $50k has to come with a bathroom

To date, I have not broken that rule....and I’ve owned some very nice cars. I just don’t insist they be brand new, I always have more patience than the dealer, and I prioritize practicality over performance....

This is a good rule to follow. I'm amazed at what dealers will do to sell a vehicle if you are willing to wait them out.

But vehicles in general have gotten too expensive. I was looking the other day, and while I was waiting for the dealer to work his numbers, I browsed the showroom floor. Saw a very nice Jeep Cherokee. Thought "Wow, this is cool!" Looked at the price tag. . .$89,000!!!

Nope, not for me. I'll head back out to the used lot and browse the 6-8 year old pickups that still run $25,000-$30,000.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Some one remarked I need sexual favors from a car marked 100,000. I'd need dinner on the table by 745 also.

My mother bought a Ford Excursion for around 52,000 for the Eddie Bauer edition. Wonder what one would be now.

Added to that, at 100,000 a base line 911 seems nicer

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
It is a cool car, but there are various competitors with no markup that are arguably cooler. Also, the GT500 is coming. A non-R GT350 with any markup at this point would be a very poor financial move.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

Does it count if the vehicle was purchased to tow something that has a bathroom?

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
It's called dealer greed. It's what killed the Thunderbird for Ford and the GTO for Pontiac. Interesting column that ran in both Road & Track and Car & Driver on the subject.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/ca...when-dealers-attack/

The New High-Performance Fords Could Fail the Same Way the Pontiac GTO Did
When dealers attack.
BY JACK BARUTH
APR 7, 2017

That was a great article. Town I lived in at that time had a Pontiac and Ford dealer. Ford is still there. They had both cars and both were marked up. The Pontiac also had a Solstice marked up by $10k or so.

I was quite interested in the GTO at that time but only the LS2 version. But it also got a lot of fan boy hype when guys were claiming their stock GTOs were hanging with C6 Z06s. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For 100 grand there would be a Dodge Demon in my garage.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:

I'd want something that could go around corners. Plus, that engine they put into the GT350R is an amazing feat of engineering. It's about the only large flat plane crank V8 made in the last 20 years. Ferrari and Lamborghini make flat plane V12, but Ferrari V8s never got that large IIRC.

Still, I'd much rather get this at sticker price:

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I completely agree with the sentiments in this post. I won't pay more than sticker for any US vehicle. I also think that a lot of the issues noted here are geographic. I still see Raptors selling for over sticker out west, but when we bought our Raptor in September we bought it for a decent amount below sticker. The same dealer has had Focus RS and GT350 models too that have been sold at sticker with no additional markup. You might have to wait a bit for it, but at least around here there isn't much reason to consider paying over sticker.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Only a few street Mustangs are worth >100K to me. As impressive as the new GT350 is - it isn't one of them. And after being out for a few years they really aren't that rare.

Just say no to ADM, the deals can be found. But it is a good ploy to get you to negotiate to pay MSRP.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:

I'd want something that could go around corners. Plus, that engine they put into the GT350R is an amazing feat of engineering. It's about the only large flat plane crank V8 made in the last 20 years. Ferrari and Lamborghini make flat plane V12, but Ferrari V8s never got that large IIRC.

Still, I'd much rather get this at sticker price:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L8YaDLR6Ayc" width="420"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I'm a huge GM guy, but the Demon is just incredible. Even if I had the time, I couldn't tell you where a track is within a 3 hour driving distance of my house to make use of the ZL1's abilities. The Demon is the perfect beast to sit in the garage and bring out on special occasions. As much as I love anything GM, a Camaro is just meh and will be worth about half of what it sells for in 5 years. I don't think those Demons will be highly collectible but I don't think they will take a huge hit in depreciation either. If I had a track near my house and I was 60 and retired, might be a different story! They are both awesome cars though and I wouldn't knock anyone for buying either one.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Really waiting to see the final specs on the 2019 GT 500.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/1...-have-772-horsepower

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Only way I'd fork out 100k for a Mustang would be for the one Steve McQueen drove in Bullit.

Hopefully this one won't cost anything close to that:

https://www.caranddriver.com/n...photos-and-info-news

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
My brand new Mustang was ~$1700 in 1968.

My new '67 with a hi-perf 289 and a few extras ran just shy of $2500 out the door if memory serves.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the article on the GTO. I own two of the Australian imports. Bought the GTO in 2007 and the SS last year. The GTO was a program car with was 9K off list and the SS was 20% off sticker. I have owned a lot of sports cars and the SS has to be one of my favorites; a 13.0 second sleeper!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hurstolds1,

Posts: 870 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post