SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Molecular Gastronomy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Molecular Gastronomy? Login/Join 
posted
I've been thinking about dabbling within this realm for a while. I finally ordered the "Ultimate" kit from Molecular Pantry

Anyone familiar have any pointers for a Beginner?

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6222 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I went to Jose Andres' restaurant Minibar in Washington, D.C. It was a very unique experience. Good thing I wasn't paying because the bill was over $500 per person.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...oh...no thanks, it looks good but I'm so stuffed I just couldn't eat another proton.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
There's a special/episode of Anthony Bourdain's show where he goes and visits the master of such things - entitled Decoding Ferran Adria, and it's fantastic. They go to Ferran's research lab kitchen in Barcelona and to his old restaurant - El Bulli.

Seek it out and watch it. I was blown away.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
There's a special/episode of Anthony Bourdain's show where he goes and visits the master of such things - entitled Decoding Ferran Adria, and it's fantastic. They go to Ferran's research lab kitchen in Barcelona and to his old restaurant - El Bulli.

Ive not seen that one, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6222 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I know only what I have seen on television.

Please invite us all over for cocktails made into a vapor and hors d'ouvres in the form of pellets.

(I'm being smart. I'd love a chance to eat at Adria's or Andres' places.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Good gosh.....I was going to wish you good luck on your procedure, with prayers for a quick recovery!! Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

It was amazing. If I had the money, I would have been on a plane the next day.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2385 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I regret not eating at elBulli before it finally closed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I had never heard the term before--despite years of medical training, right?--and then tonight on PBS they had "I'll Have What Phil's Having" where he went to Barcelona and met with the guy who started El Bulli, who now has several restaurants in Barcelona.

My wife thinks this is all decadent, and real Americans shouldn't be copying the Europeans on all this fancy food.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post