SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Royal Caribbean bans woman for life after she ‘recklessly and dangerously’ posed for selfie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Royal Caribbean bans woman for life after she ‘recklessly and dangerously’ posed for selfie Login/Join 
posted
I have never felt the need to take a selfie. Apparently the entire world is obssessed with themselves. It is also a problem in Russia, and India as well. The video is interesting and free of any politics {even though it is the clown news network}. Here is the story and the link:
LABADEE, Haiti – A woman was removed from a cruise ship and banned for life by the cruise company after she climbed onto her room’s balcony railing to pose for a dangerous photo shoot over the ocean.

The incident happened on board the Royal Caribbean ship Allure of the Seas as it was approaching Labadee, Haiti earlier this week.

The unnamed woman was spotted by a fellow passenger, Peter Blosic, who alerted the crew.

“While on my balcony, I saw the woman climb on her railing. It happened so quickly. Not knowing what her intentions were, I alerted the crew. If I said nothing, and she was going to jump, that would be horrible,” he told CNN.

Blosic later posted a picture of the woman wearing a blue bathing suit with hands over her head on social media.

The ship’s crew later tracked down the woman and removed her when the ship docked in Falmouth, Jamaica, Blosic said.

A Royal Caribbean spokesperson confirmed the incident, telling CNN in a statement:

“Earlier this week on the Allure of the Seas a guest was observed recklessly and dangerously posing for a photo by standing on her stateroom balcony railing with the help of her companion. Security was notified and the guests were later debarked in Falmouth, Jamaica as a result of their actions and are now banned for life from sailing with Royal Caribbean.”

On its website, Royal Caribbean explains that “sitting, standing, laying or climbing on, over or across any exterior or interior railings or other protective barriers” is not permitted, for guests’ own safety.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/2019/10/19/r...ly-posed-for-selfie/

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Had she fallen overboard, the family would have sued claiming it's too easy to climb over the railing.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nope. Can't enter. You're banned for life.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
And the very next story on that page is one about a toddler falling through an open window on a cruise liner, and the mother suing the cruise line, although it was her own father who put the kid on top of the railing.

The mother has my sympathy, but she's pointing her finger at the wrong person.

Link

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "Selfie" is just Darwin adapting to new technologies. There should be a Best Selfie Contest encouraging these people to voluntarily remove themselves from the gene pool.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Not sure this link will work...

https://a57.foxnews.com/static...Blosic.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

EDIT:
Seems to work for me. This is the photo of her captured by another passenger.

Damn... they don't just BAN you, they throw your ass off the boat at the first port / opportunity to find you own way back home!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the homuorous replies. The John Candy meme was great!

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind approximately 50% of the people on the planet have IQs below 100!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:
Keep in mind approximately 50% of the people on the planet have IQs below 100!

The older I get, the more I doubt that as many as 50% really do have an IQ that high...

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
And the very next story on that page is one about a toddler falling through an open window on a cruise liner, and the mother suing the cruise line, although it was her own father who put the kid on top of the railing.

The mother has my sympathy, but she's pointing her finger at the wrong person.

Link

In that case I think there should be a compromise:

If she sues the cruise liner, her father should be charged with murder.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post