SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FEC hit with lawsuit over ignoring civil complaint against Clinton
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FEC hit with lawsuit over ignoring civil complaint against Clinton Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
EXCLUSIVE: The Hillary Clinton Campaign and the Democratic National Committee allegedly used state chapters as strawmen to launder as much as $84 million in an effort to circumvent campaign donation limits, and the Federal Election Commission ignored complaints exposing the practice, a lawsuit filed Monday claims.
The Committee to Defend the President (CDP), a political action committee formally known as Stop Hillary PAC, filed its complaint with the FEC in December 2017 with the claims that the Hillary Victory Fund (HVF) solicited cash from big-name donors, and allegedly sent that money through state chapters and back to the DNC before ending up with the Clinton campaign.

As first reported by Fox News at the time, the CDP alleges in its complaint that about $84 million was funneled illegally from the DNC through state party chapters and back into the war chest of the Clinton campaign. The political action committee claims that even though the FEC acknowledged receipt of the complaint and claimed that an investigation would be conducted, the needle has barely moved.

“The Clinton machine has escaped accountability for its illegal practices for far too long,” Ted Harvey, CDP chairman, said to Fox News. “After months of review, the FEC has refused to address the Clintons’ $84 million money laundering scheme that violated several campaign finance laws.”

“Based on publicly available FEC records, repeatedly throughout the 2016 presidential campaign, HVF would purportedly transfer funds to its constituent political committees, which included between 34 and 40 state parties,” reads a passage from a copy of the complaint. “On the very same day each of these transfers supposedly occurred, or occasionally the very next day, every single one of those state parties purportedly contributed all of those funds to the DNC.”

The complaint filed against the FEC said previous reports showed a series of transactions in which the HVF disbursed contributions to its state party committee members -- and they would receive the funds on the same day. The HVF would also allegedly disburse funds to up to 40 state parties at the same time, and those parties would send the money back within 24 hours.

The CDP received a letter of acknowledgment from the FEC in the days after their December 15 filing.

“You will be notified as soon as the Federal Election Commission takes final action on your complaint,” reads the letter, a copy of which was provided to Fox News. “Should you receive any additional information on this matter, please forward it to the Office of the General Counsel.”

Officials for the FEC declined to comment when reached for comment, citing an open investigation.

“A provision of federal campaign finance law requires that any Commission action on an enforcement matter be kept strictly confidential until the case is resolved,” reads an FEC statement provided to Fox News. “To comply with this legal commitment and to protect the interests of those involved, we have a policy of not commenting on matters that are before the agency.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...election-scheme.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Wait!
HRC cheated?

Say it ain't so! Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it would be nice if just one thing stuck to her to put her out of our misery

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, at this point I'd settle for one thing that keeps her too busy to screech at us in a desperate bid to remain relevant.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... well, this fella Capone, you see, he was jailed for tax evasion ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
but back then we had a closet transvestite as the head of the FBI

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
but back then we had a closet transvestite as the head of the FBI

Haha! ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I don't know. Transvestite seem pretty tame now, doesn't it?

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Let's do the time warp...

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Aw man. Don't you know by now that if Hillary did it, then it is obviously not illegal.

They like to call it undocumented.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This criminal HRC needs to go down, along with the other loud mouth, corrupt Debbie Washerman Schultz.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Nothing to see here; move along. Roll Eyes

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post