SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CNN at its "finest" in Houston
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CNN at its "finest" in Houston Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
It's in their nature to screw things up, as usual. No tact or empathy whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQnNohhMXNk

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Wow. As the French Novelist once said, "The secret to success is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made."

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Good for her, people have lost everything they own and those idiots are worried about getting some story.

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
The media never ceases to amaze me.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A portrait of a woman at the end of her rope. My heart goes out.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post

https://twitter.com/DineshDSou...s/902654253369483264

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Imagine what a little bit of kindness and caring would do to help that woman. Instead, CNN exploits her in a desperate hour. What these citizens need is comfort and sustenance.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Somehow that reminds me of this Frown

Dirty Laundry...

I make my living off the Evening News
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I don't know why they allow media in the buildings. These people are going through enough.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Somehow that reminds me of this Frown

Dirty Laundry...

I make my living off the Evening News
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blond
Who comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Don Henley had an understanding of the futility of broadcast news before its going out of fashion became obvious to its consumers.

H&K-Guy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You want the story? You got to run the gauntlet.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The woman certainly broke down. She did appear to agree to be interviewed, as she was standing there waiting for the intro to complete, so I don't know that it's fair to fault the reporter in this particular instance. I assume she asked the woman if she'd say a few words, and boy, she sure did.

ETA: I despise CNN in general, but not for what's in that clip.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Can't blame her a bit for going off.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"Stay Classy." -Ron Burgundy

Unfortunately, CNN does not hold the trump card of shame alone. It is shared among many.

H&K-Guy

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I love to bash CNN as much as anyone, but at the end of the day, this is what journalists do. They cover stories and interview the people involved. Perhaps they didn't ask if this woman was willing to appear on camera - that seems like the proper thing to do - but otherwise, every local and national network has reporters around Houston doing the exact same thing.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
CNN wanted drama, they wanted emotional content, they want to feel and show the pain of those impacted by the storm.

They got it, raw and uncensored.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
CNN wanted drama, they wanted emotional content, they want to feel and show the pain of those impacted by the storm.

They got it, raw and uncensored.

And were pricks, in the process.

H&K-Guy

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Good for the woman. She sure pitched a bitch.

... And you're still putting a microphone in my face???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post