SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Now This Looks Like Fun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now This Looks Like Fun Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
wish we had a track like this in the US

https://drivetribe.com/p/PwMR6...b&utm_source=organic

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure why the video is titled Goodwood, but that's the Nurburgring in Germany.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
GRR is the users name....

I would love to run that track, the AMG he let by at the end was moving...

Wonder if I could survive a ride with Sabine Schmidt...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7aFlznAk0

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was fun. He was reeling in everybody.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
These guys/gals are friggin awesome. Having driven a Lambo in Italy, tracking a sport bike years ago and driving a few academy tracks, I thought I was pretty good at the wheel. Had a chance last month to ride along in an EVO followed by driving a GT3, Ferrari 458 and a Lambo Huracan around the Corvette track in Bowling Green, KY...... I stand humbled in the shadow of these drivers.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Schmidt @ 173 mph on that long straight.

Thanks for the link.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

There are plenty of road course tracks in the U.S. that are open to the public. Just none that I can think of that are near Arizona.

Road Atlanta (Georgia)
Infineon (California)
Laguna Seca (California)
Virginia International Raceway (Virginia)
Watkins Glen (New York)
Road America (Wisconsin)

There are also a bunch of smaller tracks that are around. Now none of them come close to the length and degrees of difficulty of the Nurburgring, but don't dismiss our domestic tracks out of hand because of that.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

One day we might

Nurburgring in Vegas

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
The Green Hell. Sub 8 minute lap times are good for the Ring; the lowest being in the 7 minute range.

It would scare the hell out of me to drive that WITHOUT all the pedestrian drivers out for a Sunday cruise. He clearly knew the track well and knew where he could safely pass. Some of those he passed knew the track etiquette well also. Some, not so much.

He sucked that first bike up like it was standing still. The second guy wasn't trying to go fast.

What a thrill!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

There are plenty of road course tracks in the U.S. that are open to the public. Just none that I can think of that are near Arizona.

Road Atlanta (Georgia)
Infineon (California)
Laguna Seca (California)
Virginia International Raceway (Virginia)
Watkins Glen (New York)
Road America (Wisconsin)

There are also a bunch of smaller tracks that are around. Now none of them come close to the length and degrees of difficulty of the Nurburgring, but don't dismiss our domestic tracks out of hand because of that.

Wild Horse Pass on the south side of Phoenix has 3 road course tracks. Plus Bondurant's track. There is also Arizona Motorsports Park on the west side. And there's Indie down in Wilcox. There was talk about building an F1 style track near Tucson. Nothing has come of it. Now there's talk about something happening in Casa Grande.

Chuckwalla in California isn't that far for people in Phoenix.

Arroyo Seco is in Deming, NM. And I believe there is a track on the east side of Albuquerque. These two are a little farther away but within a days drive.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post