SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SigForum ham radio guys
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigForum ham radio guys Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Haven't run across any Sigforum guys that I know of. I'm still a tech too but run my Icom 7200 and tuner on a G5RV jr. On the alloted 10m and 6m sections in addition to 2m. Haven't spent much time on lately.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Don't have time anymore to just talk. I'm a General Class W5- - - . Don' monitor either.

Mainly have it in case of emergencies.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushpilot:
Don't have time anymore to just talk. I'm a General Class W5- - - . Don' monitor either.

Mainly have it in case of emergencies.

I'm a N5---

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
There is a very much like minded group on AR15.com under the forums/outdoors/ham radio headers. They meet up on the air at a regular basis.

The last time few times I checked their webpage, years ago, it seems most members were into packet. Don't have the equipment so haven't been back.

I did check in a few times. Net control called for check ins, there wasn't anything discussed, and the net was closed.

They did run a few tests to see how quickly a message could be passed from coast to coast. It was accomplished pretty quickly.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post