SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apple Carplay in a Toyota - anyone find a solution?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple Carplay in a Toyota - anyone find a solution? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
I cannot get my iPhone to play well with my 2014 4-Runner. Reading more, it appears Toyota is purposely preventing it from working so we have to use their shitty apps. Which I do not like.

Anyone figure out a way to get Car play to work on your toyotas?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Anyone figure out a way to get Car play to work on your toyotas?
Not specifically a 'Car Play' issue, but my son's stock Toyota radio would not play nice with his new iPhone, so it went bye-bye.

Now everything works flawlessly, as it should.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and that is what I am trying to avoid. The sound system in my 4-Runner is pretty nice, and has the back up camera built-in. I'm trying to find a way to get CarPlay to work with it as is. Replacing the whole deck is not a viable option.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an adapter available that connects the phone to the screen. Lots of info on Tacomaworld

This is possibly an option

http://www.12voltnews.com/2014...egration-kit-toyota/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post