SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canon/Nikon Shooters - Suggestions Please?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canon/Nikon Shooters - Suggestions Please? Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I'm a Canon shooter, but I think you should, as specifically as possible, find out why your wife does not like your current Nikon setup. This will help you figure out if you really want to "start over" in the Canon line, or maybe go with something more compact in the Nikon line (perhaps something with a mirrorless body if she wants a smaller footprint?)

I agree with the other posters that, if possible, you should stay in the same compatibility tree so you can share lenses and other accessories.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
After decades of (amateur) camera bags full of lenses & etc, I abandoned them all in favor of exploration of the zoom-lens capacity of the new pocket digitals. After wearing a few of them out in both Nikon & Canon marque, I've landed the last few year on a larger still-pocket Canon Power Shot SX700 HS.

No changeable lenses, yet really serviceable lens from macro to 30x telephoto. Can run full auto or set any manual you want. Plus a lot of tricks only the digital gear can do, most of which I rarely use.

I'm sure there is a newer more fantastic pocket size that has even better service....yet after all those years of (3 at last count) bags of gear needed for whatever shot I thought I wanted, these branch of the hobby has some surprisingly good results.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To even further the complication of your issue: If she really will not accept any of the smaller Nikon bodies for whatever reason and you are going to add another system to the flock have her look into the Fuji line. Two of my friends shoot Fuji and are extremely happy with their purchase. I have seen work from both of them and it is excellent. They are both very adept at composition and exposure and the results are as good as the "Big Two". One of these folks came from Nikon and the other from Canon. Both wanted a more compact system for day to day shooting and neither gave up their larger systems which had more lenses.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2889 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Canon consumer grade lenses suck. Stick with Nikon or go mirrorless. Good Canon glass is $$$$, Nikon consumer glass is good for the money. Fuji consumer glass is fantastic.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
Canon consumer grade lenses suck...

Thread drift...

Totally disagree. Some are certainly worse than others (notably the “kit” lenses) but having shot Nikon prosumer bodies in the past (D200, D300, D90) with Nikon glass and moved to Canon I am just as satisfied or more with Canon lenses.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10930 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post