SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One Year Later - the Pulse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One Year Later - the Pulse Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted
Maybe this should in What's Your Deal.

But it's Sunday and things are slow I guess.

Anyway, I normally never ever watch network news shows. But this morning while getting coffee ready I had CBS on because at 8 AM they were switching over to French Open coverage, and my wife loves tennis.

So as their last segment they do a tearful tribute to victims of the Pulse nightclub attack, which I guess was one year ago.

They have the guy who got shot, and who is now a member of the Brady campaign to end gun violence. Check.

They have the distraught mother. Check.

They have the owner, who I guess had a gay brother at some point. Check.

Oh, wait - why did this huge tragedy happen? Are we going to talk about that AT ALL?

I guess not. Things like this just HAPPEN, and all we can do is #hashtag and #flowers and then one year later have videos that completely ignore what happened.

I should not be this pissed off at 8 AM, but stupid-ass CBS managed to do it!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Because there was an Islamic Terrorist involved that portion of the story must not be addressed.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
It happened because you can buy 3-packs of AR15 Assault Style Rifle Machine Guns from the Walmart Internet, with no background check, shipped right to your house! It's literally easier to buy Assault Style Weapons than it is to buy a carton of milk! The last time I bought milk, I had a cop check inside my asshole with a flashlight. Meanwhile, psycho militia members, gangbangers, and troubled teens were going through the self-checkout with their Weapons of War, no questions asked! And don't get me started on the High Capacity Ammunition Clips, and the Armor Piercing Hollowpoint Dum-Dum Bullets that literally, literally, rip flesh apart like a buzzsaw! Nobody needs something like that for deer hunting!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Part of it was because everyone was huddled in the corner waiting for the perp to get off the phone so he could continue shooting them.

They didn't report that either.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
It happened because you can buy 3-packs of AR15 Assault Style Rifle Machine Guns from the Walmart Internet, with no background check, shipped right to your house! It's literally easier to buy Assault Style Weapons than it is to buy a carton of milk! The last time I bought milk, I had a cop check inside my asshole with a flashlight. Meanwhile, psycho militia members, gangbangers, and troubled teens were going through the self-checkout with their Weapons of War, no questions asked! And don't get me started on the High Capacity Ammunition Clips, and the Armor Piercing Hollowpoint Dum-Dum Bullets that literally, literally, rip flesh apart like a buzzsaw! Nobody needs something like that for deer hunting!

You forgot to mention the shoulder thingy that goes up.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
A mentally ill person with a grudge was able to buy a plastic gun with armor piercing bullets, sneak through a metal detector, and open fire. Probably due to Florida's Stand Your Ground laws.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post