SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you slightly over-inflate your tires?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you slightly over-inflate your tires? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Plus/minus 0.5 psi from door sticker as my gauge reads in 0.5 psi increments.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always go 3 to 4 psi over. I get a small increase in tread life, slightly better handling, a very small increase in mpg and no noticeable decrease in ride quality.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Normally, they are E rated so going to 40-42psi is not an issue. I just got new tires and they feel squiggy and I figure they put them at the OEM car PSI...which doesn't work as they are 33" tires.

I ran my last set the same and they lasted 50K

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post