SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WOW! It just got easier to purchase a pistol in Minnesota
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOW! It just got easier to purchase a pistol in Minnesota Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
ATF: Minnesota permit to carry now satisfies background check for buying guns

Minnesota residents with a permit to carry may now purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer without the normally required background check, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced Friday.

The ATF has determined that the state’s requirement for getting a permit to carry complies with the background check requirements under federal law for purchasing a firearm.

Any carry permits with expiration dates of Aug. 1, 2019, or later now qualify as alternatives to usual the FBI instant background checks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you still have to get one of those bullshit "Permits to Purchase"?

Posts: 594 | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STS:
Do you still have to get one of those bullshit "Permits to Purchase"?

Yes, if you do not have a permit to carry.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't do me any good yesterday.

Good news though.

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... MN Residents only. If this is a federal ATF ruling then why won't my MN purchase be adequate to purchase in my home state of WI? the non-resident permit has the same requirements.

I hope this spreads to more states, specifically mine Big Grin

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The law takes place for permit holders in 2019 for permits ending in the year 2019. My permit needs renewal in 2018. I need to want for 1.5 years before I can do this. This is good for me.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post