SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need New Toilets ASAP
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need New Toilets ASAP Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
For those with the Champion 4.
After watching the youtube videos I have a question.

Do you have to push and pause then release the flush handle to get a full flush, or just bump and run like a regular toilet? I could see that as a problem if you do, especially for guest not familiar with it because then they have to wait for a refill and reflush.

I am in the market for one for my Daughters house...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I spoke with my plumber who I plan to have install these toilets as I'm not confident on this one and just don't have the time anymore with small children anyway.

He told me I could buy the American Standard Champion 4 myself and he would install or he could get me the Gerber Viper which he said was a very good low-flush toilet too, and it doesn't look like Lowes sells that brand.

Anyone know anything about Gerber toilets? Any good?

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I spoke with my plumber who I plan to have install these toilets as I'm not confident on this one and just don't have the time anymore with small children anyway.

He told me I could buy the American Standard Champion 4 myself and he would install or he could get me the Gerber Viper which he said was a very good low-flush toilet too, and it doesn't look like Lowes sells that brand.

Never heard of Gerber and would never install one in my house for that reason.

The Kohler dual flush toilets are stocked at lowe's in comfort height and elongated bowl. I have had these in my house for over a year and they kick ass. PLUS, the kohlers don't use those stupid flapper flush valves. just a canister with a simple rubber o-ring and it works great and is easy to change.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Never heard of Gerber and would never install one in my house for that reason.

It sounds like they are a brand that contractors have access to at plumbing supply houses and not sold at big box stores. Same way you can't go to big box store and buy a Bradford White or AO Smith water heater, but they are both very good brands.

Online reviews seem very good for Gerber.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I think we can safely say we now have seen it all on SIGforum!!! Never thought I would see and actually study a picture of a protractor on an asshole.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
For those with the Champion 4.
After watching the youtube videos I have a question.

Do you have to push and pause then release the flush handle to get a full flush, or just bump and run like a regular toilet? I could see that as a problem if you do, especially for guest not familiar with it because then they have to wait for a refill and reflush.

I am in the market for one for my Daughters house...

You do not have to hold the handle, just push and release.

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Squatty potty:

Don't you get the same effect by imply leaning forward while in the seated position ?

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Of no real help I guess but...
we stocked and installed installed many many Gerber fixtures when a cheaper price point was needed, like rental properties or for folks on tight budgets.
The Gerber stuff performed well, but my experience is now quite dated so may no longer be valid.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JasonATI:
You do not have to hold the handle, just push and release.

Thank you, good to know.

posted Hide Post
quote:

We had a Gerber installed in the spring of 2017. The Gerber was recommended by the plumber. No problems or complaints.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone know anything about Gerber toilets?

In the co-op apartment I had owned, Gerber toilets were installed.
Readily available at any of the local plumbing supply houses and they seem to be well regarded.

Funny thing, one of their toilet models is called the Gerber® Avalanche®.

For some silly reason, that name cracks me up.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Another vote for the Toto Drake here.

Regarding getting a tall toilet, keep in mind that the closer you are position-wise to actually squatting, the less likely, generally speaking, you are to get hemmorids, and the faster you'll complete your bomging run.

Squatter toilets seem like a great idea until and they are the normal toilets across Asia where it's not a toilet but a hole in the floor and a garden hose you use to "flush" and clean up the floor. Apparently locals use the hose quite liberally because the floor in these public squatter toilet restrooms is always very wet. Now back to our scene, you are out in a suit and tie, nothing like trying to squat over a hole in the wet floor, holding your two pant legs up and the rest of the pants to keep them from getting wet in the mystery water on the floor. Why would you need to clean up the floor you might ask, well imagine. You are squatting and praying that the diarrea doesn't spray your shoes and everything around you. That's how I experience squatter toilets.

Posts: 550 | Location: Gun Friendly Arizona | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Another vote for the Toto Drake here.

Regarding getting a tall toilet, keep in mind that the closer you are position-wise to actually squatting, the less likely, generally speaking, you are to get hemmorids, and the faster you'll complete your bomging run.

In Costco, they were selling a special stool to put your feet on while dropping the kids off at the pool.

https://www.costco.com/Squatty...oduct.100318703.html

Please tell me I'm not the only one who's seen this:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q

I do have them. They work pretty well.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Had one of these for several years and am happy:

https://www.amazon.com/America...ativeASIN=B00YLR0PUS

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
My experience with Toto:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmR8fzQjuD8

American standard all the way. The champ series is super.
No reason twhy blow more money than what you need to..

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post