SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need New Toilets ASAP
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need New Toilets ASAP Login/Join 
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Another vote for the Toto Drake here.

Regarding getting a tall toilet, keep in mind that the closer you are position-wise to actually squatting, the less likely, generally speaking, you are to get hemmorids, and the faster you'll complete your bomging run.

In Costco, they were selling a special stool to put your feet on while dropping the kids off at the pool.

https://www.costco.com/Squatty...oduct.100318703.html

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I installed two Kohler Cimarron comfort height toilets and they seem to work very well, even at 1.6 GPF.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

Regarding getting a tall toilet, keep in mind that the closer you are position-wise to actually squatting, the less likely, generally speaking, you are to get hemmorids, and the faster you'll complete your bomging run.

WTF?

To sum it up, tall shitters give you hemorrhoids.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Book marking for future uh... reference.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

WTF?

To sum it up, tall shitters give you hemorrhoids.

Yes, and when you are in a squatting position, you poop like a boss. It happens QUICKLY.

I use a reporposed computer-desk monitor stand as my Squatty Potty. 'Roids will cause you to do what you gotta do to prevnt them from coming back.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
OK, thanks everyone!

I measured my rough-in size and think I may have a problem. Confused

The rough-in measure precisely 11.5 inches. Will the model made for a 12 inch rough-in work??

Most likely. Did you measure from the wall or the baseboard? Should be from the wall.
Also there is a little adjustment usually in the flange bolt slots. I was 18 years in residential plumbing and electric business and they never made a 11.5 inch rough in as far as I know. Your old one is almost certainly a 12 inch.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
OK, thanks everyone!

I measured my rough-in size and think I may have a problem. Confused

The rough-in measure precisely 11.5 inches. Will the model made for a 12 inch rough-in work??

Most likely. Did you measure from the wall or the baseboard? Should be from the wall.
Also there is a little adjustment usually in the flange bolt slots. I was 18 years in residential plumbing and electric business and they never made a 11.5 inch rough in as far as I know. Your old one is almost certainly a 12 inch.

Yes, the bathroom is one of those 1950's tiled straight to the floor jobs, no baseboard. I used a yardstick straight against the wall and it's exactly 11.5 inches from wall to center of bolt.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
The Toto Drake is available in a 10 inch rough-in version.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TO...44SF-10-01/300500151

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the Hogue toilet seats. They have them in heated too.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Hmmm. Do those come with finger grooves?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker5505:
American Standard Champion. The be-all, end-all of reasonably priced toilets. Flushes like 16 golf balls.

+1

+2
+3 Inexpensive and very capable.

Another happy owner here. Works like a champ and has never clogged. Admittedly I haven't tried 16 golf balls yet but I eat Taco Bell food occasionally, so there's that. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

Hmmm. Do those come with finger grooves?

I need the G10 Piranha for Taco Bell night.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
American Standard, it will suck the shit out of you. Love that thing. Cool

Q

Posts: 26386 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Only on SIGforum can we find and expert on all!!

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+ 1 for the champion. you can get them in both standard height and tall. I've put in 2 so far and those things are the bomb. hehehehe

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Champion 4 all the way. Warning-slightly lift the ass cheeks off the seat before flushing. The suction can suck your guts out!

Why the hell are you guys shittin' golf balls, anyway?

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
quote:

Only on SIGforum can we find and expert on all!!

At 6’3”ish exactly the reason why I dislike the tall toilets. I’m keeping my low seat, high flow 1960’s era hideous colored American standards as long as I can Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The comfort height toilets are only 2" taller than the standard ones. Does 2" really make that much of a difference????? I'll keep my comfort height elongated bowl kohler that will flush anything you throw at it with 1.6 gpf......I'm 6'3.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with our Kohler Santa Rosa comfort height w/aqua flush valve.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/KO...-K-3810-96/203006194

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The Santa Rosas are more expensive but very sharp looking and worked very well for us; we put three in a house we updated and sold. If we update a place for ourselves, we will put them in for sure.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post