SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your "What if" question (From a sober and not-high thought - think physics)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your "What if" question (From a sober and not-high thought - think physics) Login/Join 
Picture of Hawkins
posted Hide Post
What happened to then?

When?
Then!
We passed then!
When?
Just now!

when will then be now?

Soon.

--------------
July NoVA Sigshoot: Shooter's Paradise; 0900 (9AM) 23July05

My Signature is almost a decade out of date!

Posts: 4686 | Location: VA | Registered: April 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Right, ok well I'll just move this...

Thanks Arc

I came up with the thought while looking at the aeroelastisty of the leading edge of a wing.

The question was based on a quantum physics theoretical of jumping electons to the next valence and amount of energy to do so.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe you are talking about the Spousal Uncertainty Principle. This is where your SO can know either the full details of your past transgression or the amount of contrition you should display but not both. Personally, I just apologize for no particular reason, regulary, to "collapse the guilt wave function".

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
If the past does not exist yet (hasn't happened yet), you wouldn't be here to ask, "What if the past does not exist yet?".

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. Does this have something to do with an undead/dead cat in a shoe box? Or did you just screw up by putting it in the wrong section now we're just supposed to forget that part? Read the waiver!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

Thanks Arc

I came up with the thought while looking at the aeroelastisty of the leading edge of a wing.

The question was based on a quantum physics theoretical of jumping electons to the next valence and amount of energy to do so.

So I think we are talking ionic vs covalent bongs or possibly Highsenberg's uncertainty principle then.

Wink

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:

zactly

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

Thanks Arc

So I think we are talking ionic vs covalent bongs or possibly Highsenberg's uncertainty principle then.

Wink

Wait, Who shot the liberated valence?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
What if the past does not exist yet?

Sorry. Wont hold up in court. You need to start looking for a better defense....

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
And on a related note, A few years ago I once saw Steven Hawking on TV say absolutely nothing existed before the big bang.

Well, then explain to me good sir...
If nothing existed, what the hell blowed up???

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

There is no time, we made it all up.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaR3sVpTB98

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Well, there's always the idea of eternal presence. Time is for the corporeal, not the eternal.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
What if the past does not exist yet?

If the Past doesn't exist, then I wasted 4 years of college studying History; oh wait, I did waste 4 years of college.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
The Past never existed. It has always been the Present.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
The Past never existed. It has always been the Present.

The past existed the second it became the present.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
If the past does not exist, how can own vintage Pontiac GTOs?

Easy, you never actually own a car like that, the state just gives you some papers which allow you to care for it for a while, kind of like an adoption.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
The future is not what it used to be.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
If the past doesn't exist, it is just the future, slumming. Wink

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
... the Past, Present and Future walk into a bar. It was tense

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
You should watch The Langoliers.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post