SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    History is cool: Giants from 5,000 years ago
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

History is cool: Giants from 5,000 years ago Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...-giants-found-china/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
If you are one of those Bible-toting fundamentalists that believe human history is only about 6,000 years old, these giants would fit into the Bible narrative regarding the Nephilem.

Just sayin'.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
6 foot 3 inches is huge for the time frame.

I wonder how tall the average human was back then, maybe 4'11" to 5'4"?

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Very interesting read. Thanks for posting.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1484 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Other than genetics, is not height & muscle mass dependent on amount of protein in the diet?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:

Other than genetics, is not height & muscle mass dependent on amount of protein in the diet?

Protein and nutrition in general. Also if food is scarse, in a warm climate, small persons may have an advantage. In a cold, northern climate, large persons have numerous advantages and would be more likely to have offspring.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They might be giants.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The article reads like it was written by midgets - mental midgets.

It says that the men were giants, but doesn't give an average height for their contemporaries.

A strict reading of the headline - "Incredible graveyard of 5000-year-old 'giants' found in China" - implies that the giants attained the age of 5,000 before dying. That would be far more interesting than their height.

It always amazes me that such interesting material can be garbled so badly by people who get paid to write.

It could've been worse. They might have posted a picture of George Washington with it.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post