SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Please list any corporation, organization, bank, etc putting presure on gun/ammo manufacturers to alter their corporate plans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please list any corporation, organization, bank, etc putting presure on gun/ammo manufacturers to alter their corporate plans Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Please include any contact information you may be able to find for these entities.

Then, draft a letter to the entity and post it here. We can all adapt the letter and bury them in our opinion.

Keep it sane and literate, but make your point.

Media contacts would also be useful.

Let's start the end of their usurpation of our Constitutional rights here and now.

Thanks,

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Dick's Sporting Goods
345 Court St. Coraopolis PA 15108
Dicks Sporting Goods corporate phone number:
(724) 273-3400

Dear Dick's Sporting Goods:

I read today of your plans to hire congressional lobbyists in an attempt to alter the gun laws of the United States of America.

While I do not understand your motivation, I certainly oppose your actions.

Who are you to decide that the authors of the United States Constitution got it wrong?

As to your decision to stop selling AR-15 rifles and then "destroy" your existing stock; you may do what you damn well please with your property. But, know that your actions and your political leanings have not gone unnoticed by the gun community and the five million members of the National Rifle Association, the oldest and most active civil right organization in this country.

Should you ever see another NRA member in your stores, please take a picture of him/her. It would be the equivalent of spotting a Dodo bird in 2018.

Sincerely yours,

RMD

P.S.: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
REI Headquarters 6750 S. 228th St. Kent, WA 98032
Or
REI Board of Directors P.O. Box 1938 Sumner, WA 98390

Dear REI:

Regarding your pressure on Vista Outdoor related to their "failure" to issue a statement following the Parkland, FL shooting:

Your corporate bullying is not appreciated. You have the right to your opinion and that's where your rights end. Your attempt to force your liberal gun hate on Vista Outdoor is simply the equivalent of a school yard bully. I don't recall you getting word from on high that gives you the right or wisdom to decide what is best for the rest of the country. Seems to me that I recall that we have elections for that purpose. You're just throwing your weight around. Shame on you. Shame on your Board of Directors and shame on your stockholders for putting up with your "holy" attitude.

Fortunately for me, I don't have access to your stores in my part of the country. I have run across them in my travels and enjoyed looking over your merchandise.

I guess I will have to find other ways to occupy my down time on the road.

In closing, grow up. No one appointed you our savior. Leave that to Congress.

RMD