SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can anyone tell me when my white privilege is supposed to kick in?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone tell me when my white privilege is supposed to kick in? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I’ve been looking online but can’t find a definitive answer. Some people say it starts at birth but I’m almost 40 and haven’t seen anything yet. The consensus seems to be that most people start seeing benefits much earlier but again nothing for me so far. I tried calling the IRS but LaTashra called me a colonizer and hung up which I’m not sure if that’s some new tax bracket or something but everything I found online when I looked it up was not helpful at all.

I wouldn’t expect any government benefits to kick in for a few more years but if I’m eligible I’d love to know, especially if I’m owed some back privilege or something. And is it something I should look in the mail for or is it a direct deposit kind of thing? Any information any of you have would be great. Thanks!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
White privilege doesn’t exist. It is a term that was made up by self loathing liberal white assholes to make other self loathing liberal white assholes feel bad about something they had no part of. It was embraced by the race obsessed Dems because collectively they are stupid, hatefilled racists.

Don’t you find it odd that the only people who constantly obsess over race and quotas are the people who are supposedly trying to “end racism”?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't know when I am suppose to start seeing benefits, but I have another annual white privilege payment due to the IRS here in a few days....

Someone needs money for their Gov. bread and cheese so they can make the payment on their Escalade.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
There is this one black lady who’s son has been on my baseball and football teams for several years now. She’s had a very good life, lives in a huge house in a very upscale neighborhood and drives cars that cost what I make in a year. Her dad was some big shot at a large university, big enough to have a building named after him, and she of course got a full ride there. Her husband got a full ride to Yale for football.

This bitch won’t shut up about white privilege. She’s known nothing but privilege in her life but somehow to her because of my skin color I’ve got it easy. To her everything is racist. A couple years ago she was telling us a story about her meeting her husband. They met on a work project. She made sure to mention that the group she was assigned to just happened to have the only two black people in it. Apparently putting two black people in the same group was racist. But then just a few weeks ago she was talking about her new team and mentioned that of course she was the only black person on the team. So I guess putting black people on the same team is racist, but so is not putting black people on the same team.

People like her are a detriment to society and why there is any racial divide.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’m half Mexican but never realized until I was older that I should have taken advantage of claiming that on job applications, college apps etc. I’ve lost two jobs I know of for claiming I was white since I never knew better.

I applied for a job with the state, I was working temporarily with them at the time and I heard they were hiring permanent positions. I talked with the boss and he told me they didn’t have any openings. Two weeks later they hired a black man. I questioned the boss and he said they needed to hire a minority.

A few years later when my Air Force enlistment was almost over I applied for Texas DPS. I was taking the physical fitness and written portion with two other guys who were already certified officers have n Texas. I was still in the Air Force so for some reason they tested us apart from the rest of the applicants. Those two guys were white and I look like I am, the old, crusty DPS Trooper that tested us was white too. I thought I was a shoe in, passed the testing with flying colors, I was in peak physical condition and had a great military record and experience. The old trooper told me in front of the other guys that I’d neeed to apply three or four times before they’d hire me. He said they needed minorities and since I was a white male I’d get looked over. I blew him off and figured he was wrong but he wasn’t, they did not hire me and I couldn’t wait for three more years to go through that long process 2-3 more times. My sister in law (who is full blooded Mexican) applied and got hired her first time, she had no relevant experience and never had a real job. But, she was a double minority. She dropped out and quit a few weeks into the academy.

That’s my stories on white privilege for my white half. I can tell you my white complexion never gained me any benefits that I can remember. It never made the electric company turn our electricity back on when I was a kid and my mom couldn’t pay the bill (when I graduated high school I lived for three months with no electricity, when I was younger I lived through a Midwest winter without electricity. It didn’t gain me any benefits when I could only afford to have two changes of clothes when I was in grade school and junior high and I barely had more in high school. It didn’t get me free groceries when I was a kid and there was literally no food in the house.

I did experience first hand what discrimination is like. I would spend summers visiting my family who by the way were full blooded Mexican. My uncle lived in a bad neighborhood across from a Mexican housing project. There was a great Mexican bakery down the street so I’d walk there and buy stuff. I got home one time and was telling my cousin how I wish I could speak Spanish so I would get waited on quicker. She asked what I was talking about and I told her they waited on everyone else before me, even those who came in after me. My cousin was half white but grew up in a Mexican home and was fluent. She got angry and took off down to the bakery. Come to find out they would not wait on me because I was white. My cousin is light skinned and they did that to her when she was young too. She chewed them out and that didn’t happen again, I was so naive I never knew what was going on.

I don’t believe in discrimination but I also don’t believe in giving extra benefits to any group either, whether it be due to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender or anything else. My white side never gained me anything I know of, I guess I missed out on the privilege.

Posts: 4098 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Been in the work force a little over 41 years since I was a teenager. It'd be nice to get my White Privilege check in the mail. Like others have said...guess I'll just keep contributing my White Privilege payments every time I get a pay check.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always think of this when they bring that up.

Hilarious SNL skit from the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_LeJfn_qW0

The libs will never give up their efforts to divide us.

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
These times have brought us an ever more bizarre vocabulary of victimhood. It used to be that you were just a racist. Now that that term has been rendered meaningless, they've upped the ante to "white supremacy." Along the way, some genius came up with "Intersectionality" so that everyone with a grievance could band together and blame whitey under a generic umbrella of marginalization. White privilege was invented to explain disparity in the absence of any identifiable discrimination.

We're going to need a whole new dictionary.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
White privilege...If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.
</sarcasm> Roll Eyes

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm Jewish and Indian (feather not dot).

Took crap as a kid for both, but have pretty much walked the earth as a white American, and have seen the hate that goes with that. In the end, it matters not why another directs their hatred, jealousy or whatnot in your direction, it's all the same.

I have paid my share of White Privileged tribute, helped others when and where I could and have been employed or self employed/earned money most of my life.

Found the key to happiness in the pursuit of happiness is the pursuit part. It is the freedom and the liberty to do so and then the doing so that is refreshing of life every day.

I have been broke a few times, but never poor. I have been knocked down more times that I can count, but I will not stay down.

When I die, someone will have to come find me and tell me that I was supposed to stop breathing some time back and lay down and hold still so the dirt will stick.

And I have very little pity or "feel sorry" for those who refuse to put forth some determined effort, and zero fucks for those who think they are owed.

The Creator gives us breath an appetite, and the desire to live, the rest is on us.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43860 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My oldest is asian/black and was having a hard time getting into colleges because he kept checking the asian box. But the army likes him just fine.

My other two kids are asian/white so they're screwed. but both are also planning on doing some time in the military.

My two granddaughters are a black/asian/white hybrid, so I told them to just start checking other and writing in human.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I don't have a problem with them because of the color of their skin, I have a problem with them because of how they act. But, I treat everyone the same. I don't disrespect anyone and I expect the same in return.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: techguy,

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds VAGUELY familiar to what their Messiah said August '63...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
I’m half Mexican but never realized until I was older that I should have taken advantage of claiming that on job applications, college apps etc. I’ve lost two jobs I know of for claiming I was white since I never knew better.

I applied for a job with the state, I was working temporarily with them at the time and I heard they were hiring permanent positions. I talked with the boss and he told me they didn’t have any openings. Two weeks later they hired a black man. I questioned the boss and he said they needed to hire a minority.

A few years later when my Air Force enlistment was almost over I applied for Texas DPS. I was taking the physical fitness and written portion with two other guys who were already certified officers have n Texas. I was still in the Air Force so for some reason they tested us apart from the rest of the applicants. Those two guys were white and I look like I am, the old, crusty DPS Trooper that tested us was white too. I thought I was a shoe in, passed the testing with flying colors, I was in peak physical condition and had a great military record and experience. The old trooper told me in front of the other guys that I’d neeed to apply three or four times before they’d hire me. He said they needed minorities and since I was a white male I’d get looked over. I blew him off and figured he was wrong but he wasn’t, they did not hire me and I couldn’t wait for three more years to go through that long process 2-3 more times. My sister in law (who is full blooded Mexican) applied and got hired her first time, she had no relevant experience and never had a real job. But, she was a double minority. She dropped out and quit a few weeks into the academy.

That’s my stories on white privilege for my white half. I can tell you my white complexion never gained me any benefits that I can remember. It never made the electric company turn our electricity back on when I was a kid and my mom couldn’t pay the bill (when I graduated high school I lived for three months with no electricity, when I was younger I lived through a Midwest winter without electricity. It didn’t gain me any benefits when I could only afford to have two changes of clothes when I was in grade school and junior high and I barely had more in high school. It didn’t get me free groceries when I was a kid and there was literally no food in the house.

I did experience first hand what discrimination is like. I would spend summers visiting my family who by the way were full blooded Mexican. My uncle lived in a bad neighborhood across from a Mexican housing project. There was a great Mexican bakery down the street so I’d walk there and buy stuff. I got home one time and was telling my cousin how I wish I could speak Spanish so I would get waited on quicker. She asked what I was talking about and I told her they waited on everyone else before me, even those who came in after me. My cousin was half white but grew up in a Mexican home and was fluent. She got angry and took off down to the bakery. Come to find out they would not wait on me because I was white. My cousin is light skinned and they did that to her when she was young too. She chewed them out and that didn’t happen again, I was so naive I never knew what was going on.

I don’t believe in discrimination but I also don’t believe in giving extra benefits to any group either, whether it be due to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender or anything else. My white side never gained me anything I know of, I guess I missed out on the privilege.

The brown people standing in line at the bakery got Brown Privilege. They probably didn’t even realize it. Likewise, you’ve probably been the the recipient of White Privilege and didn’t know it.

Don’t get me wrong, discrimination and racism sucks. Humans tend to be tribal in nature. In any majority/minority population there is likely to be some form of “outsiderness”.

You got a taste of being the outsider. That doesn’t mean all brown people should feel guilt and write you a check. But it does provide an anecdotal example of racial privilege.

You’ve experienced it personally, so you should be at least cognitively aware of the existence of racial bias. You’ve admitted that racial bias worked against you on job applications.

Do you think racial bias may ever have worked in your favor and you just didn’t know about it, maybe like the people in line at the bakery?

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:

The brown people standing in line at the bakery got Brown Privilege. They probably didn’t even realize it. Likewise, you’ve probably been the the recipient of White Privilege and didn’t know it.

Don’t get me wrong, discrimination and racism sucks. Humans tend to be tribal in nature. In any majority/minority population there is likely to be some form of “outsiderness”.

You got a taste of being the outsider. That doesn’t mean all brown people should feel guilt and write you a check. But it does provide an anecdotal example of racial privilege.

You’ve experienced it personally, so you should be at least cognitively aware of the existence of racial bias. You’ve admitted that racial bias worked against you on job applications.

Do you think racial bias may ever have worked in your favor and you just didn’t know about it, maybe like the people in line at the bakery?

I hope your are just really bad at telling jokes. Are you actually giving any credibility to this "privilege" shit?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds VAGUELY familiar to what their Messiah said August '63...

After you posted the above, I read the speech. They bring their problems on themselves. I'm not kissing ass for something that happened way before my time.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'm Jewish and Indian (feather not dot).....

The Creator gives us breath an appetite, and the desire to live, the rest is on us.

Monkey-
Most of us know you as one of the more astute members of this board but the last sentence in your post could be the most profound yet!
Well said!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
My family came here from Italy through Ellis Island @ 1900, destitute but legally with hope and dreams.

We never owned slaves, were never part of a power structure and in fact were considered the dregs of society.

My Grandfather opened a grocery store which is still operational in San Francisco. My Uncle and Dad became Dentists.

I was born in the mid 50's, just in time to receive the full benefits of egalitarianism. I was denied 3 major job placements because, "We need more women and minorities". In fact, I was let go from a job I did very well and had received several accommodations for because the executive secretary that was banging the executive needed a job because she had left her job there to get married and was still banging the boss, got kicked out of her house and divorced and was rudderless - so they gave her the job I had worked for and earned - as my boss.

The fact that she knew NOTHING about my department was immaterial. I wouldn't play along, got fired and denied unenjoyment... er... unemployment.

So, reverse descrimination - it's a real thing - and put my life on hold for the corrupt.

I should thank them really, made me stand on my own two feet and start a business.

I am free now, they are not.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Even if we don’t know it we’ve all likely been discriminated against, and we’ve had discrimination work in our favor. And it goes beyond skin color. I notice a difference in the way I’m treated in certain environments based on my clothing. If I’m coming from a work site and have my work clothes on and carrying a hard hat I get treated different than I do when I’m leaving a meeting and wearing dress clothes. I’m short, I’m balding, the list of reasons we might be discriminated against are virtually endless. Some are in our control and some aren’t.

But when the left talks about white privilege it isn’t about those small incidents that everyone benefits or suffers from. They are making the accusation that not only did I not earn everything I have, but also that I got it at the expense of someone who doesn’t look like me.

I’m not going to bore you with my life’s story but it’s been anything but privileged. I’ve worked very hard for what I have and I am very proud of what I’ve accomplished. That around half of Americans want to try and take that from me infuriates me to no end.

I don’t deny the existence of racism, sexism or other forms of discrimination. I do however reject the idea that someone’s lifetime success, or lack there of, is a result of it.