SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
I have been hoping for the same thing here for a long time and still waiting. Business should band together like this everywhere and give these dictators a big middle finger.

100%. It's what I've been waiting for. I hope the businesses in Anchorage set off a domino effect around the country. I'm praying it does.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
100%. It's what I've been waiting for. I hope the businesses in Anchorage set off a domino effect around the country. I'm praying it does.

It will be interesting to watch. The first go around with restrictions one restaurant, Kriner's Diner stayed open in defiance. The owner asked the city at the beginning of the lockdown what the penalty would be for staying open, he never received an answer. He stayed open and the city started fining him $300 a day. Patrons were stuffing the tip jar on the counter with $20 and $100 bills to cover the fines for being in defiance. Then the city upped the fine to $15,000.00 a day. They stayed open, the city then sued the diner's lawyer in civil court. They stayed open. Then the city threatened to make the $15,000.00 a day fine retroactive for all of the previous days they were open and that's when they shut down.

Kriner's has issued a statement in support of businesses opening and being in defiance. They stated that they will not due to the threat of the city making the fines retroactive for them. They also warned businesses to prepare for a $15k fine and that patrons can be fined $300 for taking part.

We've got a new acting mayor since our former mayor resigned in the wake of a sex scandal. I don't know if she'll go full retard in oppression or not.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michigan update: Gov. Whitmer extends bar / restaurant restrictions until Feb.1. The presser mentions a Curfew but no details.
www.wluctv.com

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
a hint of what's to come under #46

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
This story is from a couple months ago, and while I didn't have time to post it back then I thought it was worth mentioning.

For context, the business owner is in one of the counties that have repeatedly rebelled against the governor's over-reaching mandates, and he and the legislature have been trying to thump them into compliance.

The county health board was working with him and believed he was taking appropriate efforts for C-19 mandate compliance, so the governor sent out the state liquor board criminal investigative division to suspend his liquor license, not for alcohol-related violations, but supposed health department violations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...URs&feature=emb_logo

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Hey Ramius! See this yet? Seems to be under the radar with the other news of the day.

Gov Murphy seizes legal donation fund

UPDATED 2:58 PM PT – Friday, January 15, 2021

That’s right. $165,000 (all donations from a legal defense fund) seized from a struggling SMALL BUSINESS during a pandemic. Ian Smith, co-owner of Atilis Gym, in New Jersey, spoke to Real America’s Dan Ball.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And in other news:
COVID-B 1.1.7. (new variant strain from the UK) has popped up in Washtenaw Co. MI.
Wait until Gov. Whitmer hears that! We will be locked down for eternity.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For all you folks in Pennsylvania, it looks like you are getting rid of part of your problem. Biden has picked Rachel Levine for a post as Assistant Sec. of Health https://myfox8.com/news/biden-...nt-health-secretary/

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
Hey Ramius! See this yet? Seems to be under the radar with the other news of the day.

Gov Murphy seizes legal donation fund

UPDATED 2:58 PM PT – Friday, January 15, 2021

That’s right. $165,000 (all donations from a legal defense fund) seized from a struggling SMALL BUSINESS during a pandemic. Ian Smith, co-owner of Atilis Gym, in New Jersey, spoke to Real America’s Dan Ball.
Ian Smith was on the TimIRL podcast last night.

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
For all you folks in Pennsylvania, it looks like you are getting rid of part of your problem. Biden has picked Rachel Levine for a post as Assistant Sec. of Health https://myfox8.com/news/biden-...nt-health-secretary/

From the article: President-elect Joe Biden has tapped Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine...

That's frikkin' funny, I don't care who you are. Big Grin

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

As a somewhat normal Pennsylvanian, I apologize for whaat this state is now perpetrating on the entire country. That walking talking shit show is a disgrace.

Posts: 212 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:

From the article: President-elect Joe Biden has tapped Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine...

I know we shouldn't poke fun of people's appearances, but that's an ugly woman.

Yes, I know.....

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
quote:

Yes, I know.....

She's a pretty, pretty princess. Call her Rachel.

Just don't DNA swab her and be surprised when...

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, I know.....

Holy crap! That picture is disturbing. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
quote:

Yes, I know.....

Holy crap! That picture is disturbing. Eek

Jim

That dude looks EXACTLY like Brent Spiner’s character in “Independence Day”! Big Grin

Posts: 467 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not funny at all. This person is a disaster. He is about as unqualified as one can be for the position he's just been tapped for. What he and that asshat Governor Wolf have done to Pennsylvania is a heartbreaking tragedy. Cousin Itt there is just another box checked off. Noticing a trend here with Biden and his picks? The first this and the first that...

No, I'm not laughing at all at this freakshow that will have to go up for Senate confirmation for Assistant freaking Secretary of Health for the nation of the United States of America. This disgusting, impotent, incompetent human being should be rejected by every member of the Senate based on qualifications alone, but the fact that he's also mentally ill and confused should also disqualify him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, I know.....

It's not his/her fault that he/she is ugly, but the least he/she could do is not go out in public.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Balze, I'm talking about the wording, not the content. Wink Just me making a juvenile joke.

Of course you're right about the lack of qualifications & mental state.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Michigan's governor announced reopening restaurants on February 1st but with heavy restrictions. No more than 25% capacity, no more than six people at one table, all tables must be at least 6 ft apart. Yet outdoor dining intense is acceptable to continue.

And in related news later today...

The head of the department of publuc health and human services resigned.

https://www.facebook.com/11522...s/10159644954581002/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a miracle. Looks like Illinois may be reopening at least partially. And Chicago Mayor Groot is pressing Governor Pugsley to allow Chicago restaurants to reopen as well. It's a miracle I tell you. Imagine that. Right after Biden wins (or should I say steals ) the election and PRESIDENT Trump is gone, it appears as though we all can come out of our homes now. All is well now I guess. It's a miracle I tell you.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post