SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Balze, I'm talking about the wording, not the content. Wink Just me making a juvenile joke.

Ah, I gotcha. Surprised that went over my head since I'm a fan of juvenile jokes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Strangely, The Kentucky state legislatures has passed a bunch of new laws clipping the governors wings. He’s vetoed EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Jokes on him and he knows it. They have a veto proof majority and he’s fucked.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And more "you cant make this shit up" out of Michigan Two Health Officials have resigned and were paid about 155k each as severance (hush money).

Sarah Esty and Robert Gordon https://www.yahoo.com/now/ex-m...eputy-182100966.html

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The local news has passing reference to the resignations. I think todays presser from Whitmer rolling back occupancy restrictions is timed to take attention from the story.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Families of those who died in nursing homes due to COVID after positive patients were introduced into an otherwise COVID free environment need to contact the MSP and file Gross Criminal Negligence charges against Whitmer.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Texas has decided enough is enough. They are opening up 100% and NO MORE MASKS!!! And as for NY Cuomo may as well murdered those people. What an irresponsible ass for a governor.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Texas has decided enough is enough. They are opening up 100% and NO MORE MASKS!!! And as for NY Cuomo may as well murdered those people. What an irresponsible ass for a governor.

Meanwhile in PA, liberal media is heaping praise on our glorious Gov Wolf because on Monday he eased occupancy restrictions on restaurants & bars from 10% capacity to a whopping 15% (including employees).

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 120 year old company closed by our governor's draconian rules.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann...rs-in-ypsilanti.html

A neat history of the company on their website

https://michiganladder.com/history/

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of blather in the media about Michigans "surging cases" and "overwhelmed
hospitals". In her latest presser, Whitmer wants people to avoid indoor dining and pause youth sports. I would guess its only a matter time before a return to full lockdown.

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
hospitals". In her latest presser, Whitmer wants people to avoid indoor dining and pause youth sports. I would guess its only a matter time before a return to full lockdown.

Well, they just need two weeks to flatten the curve......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

While her Cheif Operating Officer vactaions in Flordia for spring break. https://www.foxnews.com/politi...orida-travel-warning

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For todays episode of the theater of the absurd, I will feature the awarding of the JFK "Profiles in Courage" Award for 2021. Caroline Kennedy will make the presentation. The award cites those "who put their own lives at risk" during the pandemic.
Drum roll.... And the winners are:
1- Mitt Romney. Because he was the only Republican to vote to convict Trump.
2- Gretchen Whitmer. Because she is so hated over her Michigan lock down policy that people actually plotted to kill her.
3- Amy Acton. Who oversaw the lockdown in Ohio.
4- Burnell Cotlon. A NOLA Grocer who gave away free groceries to people who lost their jobs due to lock downs.
5- Fred Freeman. A Hanover MA Fire Captain and registered nurse who organized C-19 testing for homebound residents.
6- Lauren Leander. An activist pro lock down nurse who confronted anti lock down protestors.
7- Darnel Marks. Academic advocate for Arizona Indian tribes.

Worthy of an award? Only Freeman and Cotlon rate one. The others? Not so much! Roll Eyes
https://foxnews.com/politics/g...-covid-19-leadership

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Can you provide a link for that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link is up now!

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) took a private jet to Florida in March, violating the spirit of her orders for everyone else. | Politics

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...nt-tell-governor-no/

what a big ugly gretch this monster is...

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) took a private jet to Florida in March, violating the spirit of her orders for everyone else not to travel.

Deadline Detroit reported Whitmer “asked a group of wealthy Detroit businessmen to provide a private plane they share” so she could travel to Florida. She later said it was so she could visit her “ailing” father.

“We wondered why she reached out to us instead of booking a private charter,” one of the owners said, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “You can’t tell a governor no. Who needs that kind of trouble?”

Reporting for Deadline Detroit, Charlie LeDuff said Whitmer spent four days in Florida, not the two she claimed:

She flew on the businessmen’s Gulfstream G-280 twin jet. It was cold and clear on the morning of March 12 when she lifted off from Lansing and it was warm and sunny when she touched down in West Palm Beach at 9:37 a.m., federal flight records show.

She left West Palm Beach on Monday March 15 at 4:37 p.m. She touched down at 7:01 p.m in Lansing.

LeDuff said the anonymous businessmen “have major dealings in and with the state of Michigan.”

Whitmer’s office refused to provide additional details about the governor’s trip, citing “ongoing security concerns.”

But Deadline Detroit noted Whitmer’s office did not notify Florida law enforcement that she would be in the state, raising doubts about the sincerity of her office’s excuses.

Whitmer previously complained to the Washington Post that criticisms of her apparent hypocrisy were “maddening.”

“It was certainly not spring break,” she said, the Detroit News reported. “I was doing both my job as governor from a distance and being that of a daughter who was helping out a parent who needed a little help.”

According to the Michigan Constitution, the lieutenant governor acts as governor when the sitting governor is “absent from the state.”

The Gulfstream G-280 can accommodate 10 passengers. It is not clear if Whitmer traveled alone or took others with her.

“It’s maddening,” Whitmer said of the criticism and allegations of hypocrisy, adding, “A lot of these same people would accuse me of not having family values if I didn’t show up when a family member needed some help.”

Whitmer’s office said she went to visit her “elderly father who is battling a chronic illness.”

But Great Lakes News spotted her father, Richard Whitmer, back in the state just days later at “a Lansing shopping area and was seen getting into a Tesla and driving away.”

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
PA's Grantor of Freedoms, His Majesty, Gov. Wolf will lift covid capacity restrictions on restaurants & bars on May 31st.

If it's going to be safe on the 31st, then why isn't it safe for the holiday weekend before, to help businesses recover from his childish mandates?

Mask mandates will remain in place of course, because everybody knows that covid spreads only when you enter or leave a restaurant, and not when you're sitting around eating or drinking beer.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
https://youtu.be/eJ3RnZzszqM

Rules for Thee, but NOT for Me....Pure Hypocricy, Pure Whitmer! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Thank you, sir Smile

Use this to embed youtube videos https://imaginekitty.com/karma.php Thanks to Mark123