SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
She passed away about 11 that night.

I am sorry for your loss and that you were not able to spend more time with her before she passed.

Frank, I just read this about your mother. I am so sorry, brother. God grant you peace.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29693 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, brother.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, she is now finally at peace.

That's what has helped with letting go of the anger.

Sorry for your loss Frank.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by yucaipa:

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you can look pass the hurt & anger long enough to be happy for her, now being pass and free of the pain.

Indeed. Thank you.

Yes, she is now finally at peace.

That's what has helped with letting go of the anger.

Frank,

I'm sorry for your loss. Hang in there, brother.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thanks, brother.

Good to see you, again.

posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Frank.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Jim.

posted Hide Post
De Blasio orders 'COVID-19 checkpoints' at bridges into NYC to catch, fine violators of travel ban

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

Under orders of Mayor Bill De Blasio, New York City will have vehicle checkpoints manned by law enforcement officers at key bridges and crossings to strictly enforce the travel quarantine over the Thanksgiving holiday.

The city's regulations mandate that travelers either quarantine for 14 days or take a COVID-19 test to prove they don't have the virus. Violations of self-quarantine will be enforced, and may carry fines of $1,000 to $2,000, according to the mayor’s office.

New York City Sheriff Joseph Fucito said the sheriff's office will be conducting spot checks when out-of-state buses drop riders off. In addition, deputies will check cars with out-of-state – and even New York – licenses plates. Test-and-trace teams will also be on the ground to help direct people to testing sites while providing "education" about quarantine, MSN.com reported.

"The city will enforce the completion of traveler forms at airports, Penn Station and the Port Authority Bus Terminal. There will be self-test site teams on site," the news site said.

De Blasio wasn't the only politician in the state to be making headlines. Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo caused a scandal when he declared he was planning to break his own COVID-19 restrictions.

Cuomo last week demanded that New Yorkers cancel all plans to gather with family members for Thanksgiving.

"If you are asking for my advice, I have said publicly that my personal advice is you don't have family gatherings, even for Thanksgiving," Cuomo said. "I don't want to endanger our family or our friends, so we'll celebrate virtually."

But in a radio interview this week, Cuomo said "my mom is going to come up and two of my girls is the current plan."

His mother, Matilda, is 89, and two of his three daughters planned to travel to the governor's mansion in Albany for the holiday.

Republican Rep. Elise Stefanik blasted Cuomo for his "hypocrisy" and "arrogance."

"This is one of the many reasons why Cuomo is the WORST Governor in America. His arrogance and hypocrisy knows no bounds. Do as I say, not as I do. Rules for thee, but not for me. Family for me, but none for you. A despised, hypocritical, tyrannical, hubris-laden Governor," Stefanik wrote on Twitter.

CNN reporter Jeremy Diamond wrote: "So first Gov. Cuomo urges people (wisely!) to limit Thanksgiving to people in their household. Now he invites his elderly mother & daughters over??"

And Washington Post reporter Christopher Ingraham added: "Un-freaking-believable. Now more than ever, people are looking to elected leaders for signals on how to mitigate risk. Is it any wonder so many aren't following health guidelines? And this is the allegedly pro-science party!"

As the blowback intensified, the governor's office released a statement saying he would not be having Thanksgiving with his mother and daughters.

Posts: 12673 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone want to travel to NYC now? Or even pass through there?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Why would anyone want to travel to NYC now? Or even pass through there?
Wouldn't piss on NY if it was on fire.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nearly 60% of voters don't think governors have authority to limit private family gatherings, poll

By Brianna Kraemer

Updated: November 24, 2020 - 11:40am

Fifty-seven percent of registered U.S. voters say governors do not have the legal authority to limit gatherings, amid an increase in coronavirus cases across the country that has resulted is some governors either imposing orders or making requests on how many family members and others can gather for traditional Thanksgiving dinners in private homes, according to a new survey from pollster Scott Rasmussen.

Thirty percent of those survey don't think governors have such authority and 13% said they were unsure.

Of party affiliations, Democrats were more split on the issue with 40% saying governors do not have authority and 45% saying they do. Respondents identifying as Republicans were more aligned in their beliefs, with 76% saying governors do not have authority and just17% believing they do.

New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo has asked that families keep their Thanksgiving gathering small.

This survey was taken by 1,200 registered voters and conducted by Rasmussen from November 19-21, 2020.

What's truly sad is that nearly 1/3 agree with the tyrants. True sheep. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Our governor here in PA came out Monday & ordered all bars to close at 5PM Wednesday until 8AM Thanksgiving Day. They're already suffering because they can only operate at 25% capacity (Including staff), 10PM last call, and no alcohol can be served without a meal.

Barowners say that the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving is their biggest night of the year. Even bigger than New Years Eve. Many had already booked parties, ordered extra food, etc.

Now there'll be more people wandering around the state owned liquor stores than would've been in the bars to begin with.

What a little bitch!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Good man you are, Gov. DeSantis.

https://www.breitbart.com/heal...ng-mask-enforcement/

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Extends Order Suspending Mask Enforcement

by HANNAH BLEAU
25 Nov 2020

DeSantis, who said that Florida will “never do any of these lockdowns again, extended the order he issued in September, which lifted key restrictions in the state and suspended fines for breaking local protocols in relation to mask-wearing.

“Just as an act of executive grace, all outstanding fines and penalties that have been applied against individuals are suspended,” DeSantis announced at the time of the initial order.

“I think we need to get away from trying to penalize people for not social distancing and work with people constructively,” he added.

His decision to extend his order follows pressure from several Florida mayors, who are calling for a statewide mask mandate.

“Having a mandatory mask mandate throughout the state so there’s consistency, allowing us as individual counties and cities to determine what other restrictions make sense,” St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman (D) said during a Zoom call last week.

Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber (D) attributed an “enormous surge” in coronavirus cases to the governor opening the economy and preventing local governments from enforcing individual mask mandates.

According to WSVN, the City of Miami Beach plans to “issue citations to people who refuse to wear facial coverings,” although officials will not be able to immediately penalize violators with a $50 fine due to the extension of DeSantis’s order.

DeSantis’s office reiterated last week that the governor will not lock down the state of Florida, even as fellow governors retighten restrictions in their respective states.

“The Governor will not lock down and hurt families who can’t afford to shelter in place for 6 weeks. Especially not for a virus that has a 99.8 percent survival rate,” his office stated.

The primary focus of concern, his office added, remains on Assisted Living Facilities.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I posted this in the bitch section but have thought it may be more important to see it posted in the lounge.

The New Mexico Goober-Nator Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (democrat in a state that doesn't vote conservative) has ordered the shutdown of some grocery stores around the state, including several wallymarts and a food distribution warehouse due to the covidcrapitis, for 2 weeks.

I know New Mexico has had a lot of trouble with the virus, especially on the Navajo Nation, but you just can't leave people in a food desert.

There are verified reports of people waiting in line for up to 2 hours to get into some grocery stores and then upon finally getting in finding the shelves are pretty much stripped bare.

It's bad enough to shut down groceries stores anywhere. What is especially bad is shutting down a grocery store in a rural area. Considering that New Mexico, other than the major population areas, is very rural and there are often times only 1 or 2 small grocery stores within reasonable driving distance.

What is especially bad is to shut down a food distribution warehouse. Talk about a rolling domino falling effect. Grocery stores do not have a warehouse in the back, they order and stock just in time. Shutting down a food distribution warehouse shuts down deliveries to potentially hundreds and hundreds of grocery stores. Think about that for a moment.

There just isn't a lot of elasticity in grocery stores. They are all operated quite efficiently and if you shut a few down in a metro area it's still a problem. Shutting some down in rural areas is a much bigger problem, there just isn't enough capacity to provide access to others. I think you get the idea.

I know we all detest shopping this time of year. If you don't have a well stocked home, you could easily be screwed soon.

As the old saying goes, don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Throw out the career politicians, especially the democrat ones.

LINK TO STORY

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The good news is that we are starting to see significant push back in Kentucky. Lots of businesses are starting to ignore the governor's order that they close for the greater good to save everyone from a disease that 99.9 percent of the people will survive.

I got thrown out of my gym two nights ago, because I dared to run on the treadmill without a mask. The owner states that he is going to defy the order to wear masks with under exertion.

I promptly shut down my membership. I've been a member there for five or six years. I moved to another gym who seems to understand the peril of constant sucking in what you just exhaled on a device that is moving under your feet. A federal agent I work with had the same thing happen to him at another gym. "Them's the rules by our governor" has been the constant answer when questioned about who is liable for an accident caused by breathing in too much CO2 while under exertion.

It also appears that local prosecutors are refusing prosecution on any charges. Cops from the Feeb to the dogcatchers are just saying no. The wild card is only the state police, and several years ago I wouldn't have ever questioned that. And that is strictly because of the douchebag governor and his appointees.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the People's Republik of Maryland, Governor Hogan (who pretends to be a Republican) is eagerly sending the State Police out to enforce HIS mask laws:

https://www.heraldmailmedia.co...3f-9cd49554dcb1.html

Hogan enlists state troopers to help with pandemic-related compliance efforts

1 hr ago

ANNAPOLIS — Maryland will expand its pandemic-related compliance efforts ahead of Thanksgiving by sending additional state troopers to every county and Baltimore, Gov. Larry Hogan said Monday.

“We will be sending additional state police to every single county,” Hogan said.

Hogan said state troopers will work with liquor boards, local law enforcement agencies and others starting at 5 p.m. Wednesday to ensure that businesses and residents follow directives meant to slow the spread of the coronavirus, including the mask-wearing mandate. He said the Maryland State Police is also ramping up the hotline that the public can dial to report violations and is now operating a new phone line to assist local compliance officers.

“As COVID fatigue has set in, some individuals and business have unfortunately started to become more lax at the very worst part of the pandemic,” Hogan said before highlighting the recent arrests in the assault of two ice cream shop workers by patrons who refused to wear masks.

Hogan outlined the state’s latest coronavirus moves during a press briefing on Monday, Nov. 23, in Annapolis.

“We are also launching a wide scale, all-hands-on-deck compliance, education and enforcement operation,” Hogan said of the efforts on Thanksgiving week.

Maryland State Police “High Visibility Compliance Units” will be assisting local authorities and police with “compliance checks”, according to the governor.

The governor and other government official have been pushing for more compliance with COVID orders and threatening jail time, fines and business closures for those who disobey.

The expanded efforts come as COVID-19 cases continue to surge across the U.S. and officials plea for people to avoid travel and Thanksgiving gatherings.

Hogan also urged young people returning home from college to skip the social gatherings typical of the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Maryland on Monday reported 183,797 cumulative coronavirus cases. That’s 1,658 more compared with Sunday.

The governor touted Baltimore County’s increased COVID enforcement efforts and again discouraged Thanksgiving travel and larger family get-togethers.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
SCOTUS temporarily blocks enforcement of New York City's Kung Flu restrictions on religious gatherings until the various lawsuits against those restrictions play out.
http://www.yahoo.com/news/supr...st-ny-052246804.html

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
There are at least two states where the governors have been sensible.

MO governor says he has no authority to limit gatherings in private homes. Just take precautions. My own governor, Bill Lee, has more or less "devolved" authority for business closures/restrictions and pie hole diapers masks to the counties. In my county (Carter), restaurants are open for dining in, a supermarket (Ingles) even has the salad bar open, and while mask signs are up, nobody enforces them, and I'd say around 20-25% of people don't even bother. I haven't even personally run into any "Karens." Coincidentally, he (and Parson of MO) are Republican, and the counties that make up NE TN voted as much as 70-30 Trump.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Perhaps I'm more cynical than most here. When they first started talking about these lock downs last spring,before they even employed them I knew this was a way to enable mass mail in voting as one facet of election fraud. Not that that was any great leap of forward thinking our secretary of state was one of the first to start talking about how this virus could make our election look very different this year.

The second part of it was to purposely destroy many small businesses. Small business is the heart of independent, hard working people who are dependent on nothing but the fruits of their labors. Small independent business owners understand there is no equality only opportunity to work harder than the next guy to be successful. Everyone is free to avail themselves of as much or as little of that opportunity as they care to, I know we have owned and worked a small independent business for over 25 years and it's still going.

These are all character traits that are unacceptable to the new wanna be overlords. May people have said that this virus will completely disappear after the election. I never believed this. It's become a much more useful tool to the Democrats and much more can be accomplished behind the curtain of Covid. Only if Trump prevails will this be minimized.

This second round of lock downs and prohibition of family holiday get together's is meshed in with the big tech information suppression. Keep families and groups of people from gathering. Minimize the exchange of ideas and opinions between people. No comparing notes.

This has little to do with the virus imo and much more about agenda pushing. From what I have witnessed so far many are scared blind to the agenda which of course has always been the intent.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8530 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post