SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
China releases a cold virus that’s relatively minor in the grand scheme of infectious agents and the Chinese must be laughing their collective asses off how their Dem Comrades are destroying this country from within. It’s critical we throw these traitors out of office come Nov.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Sorry to revive an old thread but Gov. Whitmer has extended the 'state of emergency" until October 1st. Mad

Governor Whitmer:

The people of Michigan:

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week the petition drive had collected 300,000 of the 360,000 they need. And alot of UAW members are disregarding what their leaders say and are circulating it. As far as pro Whitmer signs, You do see them in NW lower MI and Marquette county but not many other places. I have seen some "my governor is an idiot signs lately. If you can't find a petition to sign contact unlock MI and they will send you some.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I signed the petition. I hope it works.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Governor Whitmer lies again....

https://www.detroitnews.com/st...5WpQDWp9KEGXDccugpiM

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And this story illustrates health care in the Yoop. If you are really sick, you are transferred to the lower peninsula or to Wisconsin. Even to the Mayo Clinic. No real local care.
Some good news: The petition to repeal the 1945 law that gives Whitmer her emergency powers reached 400K signatures and now is on track to be voted on. Of course, Whitmer told the local election boards to "carefully scrutinize" the signatures for validity.
My signature is damn sure valid!
And there was an open carry protest at the state capitol today, to protest efforts to make the capitol a gun free zone.

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This electronic billboard was put up here by a business owner against our petty tyrant, but it certainly sums up your dictator in Michigan.....(it also flashes "obey")

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the constitution... Our state constitution is pretty clear

https://www.detroitnews.com/st...titution/5803717002/

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Not a mutiny per-se, but, word came this morning of a possible class-action lawsuit against Governor Brown, for forcing small businesses to shut down without compensating them financially.

https://www.kxl.com/thousands-of-oregon-small-businesses-could-sue-governor-brown-in-class-action-lawsuit-to-get-back-revenue-lost-from-covid-shutdown

KXL is one of the more centrist (or depending on who you ask, right-wing) news radio stations in the area.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for this... The Michigan Attorney General is now investigating Unlock Michigan, the group that collected. 500k of the 350k signatures needed to limit the governors power.

From what I've heard, this is a set up. Nothing that they claim happened. They had 50,000 volunteers trained with a canned zoom meeting. A few pros were hired for one metro area but weren't successful. The training cited was likely for them and done by their own company, if at all.

https://www.clickondetroit.com...rs-emergency-powers/

I see this fails to mention the posts on FB and other social media from complainant groups encouraging people to sign fake names, scratch out signatures, or even steal the petitions. By any means necessary!!!

343 - Never Forget

posted Hide Post
Of course they are investigating. Its the only move they have to stop the process.
Whitmer and every one of her appointees need to go.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The best way for the citizens of these states to mutiny is to vote out the politicritters infringing on their rights. However, there's a problem with this. In a lot of these cases, the politicritters have the support of a majority of the voters, based on large numbers of liberals living in the dense cities. Most of the people complaining are out in the countryside, representing more of the state geographically, but less population-wise.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Last Thursday our Governor declared a state of emergency for Portland because Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys were coming to town to peaceably assemble.

She called both of those groups racist and White Supremist. Funny thing is both groups are multi-racial.

And guess what there was no violence as the BLM/Antifa counter protest/rally people were kept away from the peaceful assembly/BBQ in the park.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today Gov. Whitmer surfaced in the Keweenaw and carried on about the increase in cases there. Little mention made of the fact that MTU was testing 500+ people per week! Why wouldnt cases go up? And no mention of how many positive tests were asymptomatic. And we must mask up, of course.
I think that she will ride the COVID train until next spring.
And of course she has extended the "emergency" today until October 27th.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

posted Hide Post
The difference in the ways things are being being done by Governors is amazing. Here in WNY, we are forced to wear masks in public arenas.

2 hours South in Benezette, PA while visiting public places, it was a persons choice whether to put on a mask or not! Refreshing!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Today Gov. Whitmer surfaced in the Keweenaw and carried on about the increase in cases there. Little mention made of the fact that MTU was testing 500+ people per week! Why wouldnt cases go up? And no mention of how many positive tests were asymptomatic. And we must mask up, of course.
I think that she will ride the COVID train until next spring.
And of course she has extended the "emergency" today until October 27th.

Just like our petty dictator here (Cooper) they will not release the numbers of people with no symptoms because it will refute their inflated and lied about numbers. I wish someone would have the guts to stand up and ask them " how many are not actually sick out of all these inflated numbers?"

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some good news, possibly:
Michigan Supreme Court has ruled that Gov. Whitmers EOs are unconstitutional.
This is after todays reversal of the UPs recovery status, which will require more stringent limits on gatherings and building capacities.
It is unclear how the ruling will take effect.
And the petition to quash the 1945 law that Whitmer uses to enact EOs has been presented to the Legislature.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I like to think of Whitmer in enforced isolation and mask.

IE,
The Whitmer in the Iron Mask. I'm not so good at meme generation.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Steven Crowder had a Michigan rally today at the state capitol. #WhitmerDeathToll

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post