SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p226gsd:
Tleo205..... What I find encouraging is that the Sheriffs of at least six counties so far have said they won’t enforce this order at all.

I heard of Alamance Co Sheriff. What are the others? That is encouraging but I wonder about the city police. I know here locally the officers have been told to limit contact with the public and not taking action unless things are really necessary, but if a store calls, they would have to respond. Just heard.....
Rockingham County Sheriif and I heard Davidson County Sheriff will not take actions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tleo205,

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

So you’re saying she likes dogs in there. That’s good! Razz

Leveraging liquor licenses against bars is something I predict also starts out with the best of intentions and morphs into blanket abuse.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Witchmer just said thing are getting bad again and we might have to go back to phase 3 which closes restaurants ect.What is interesting is they are going over the death certificates to see if they missed any covid deaths.I dont have a link to that. https://tinyurl.com/yaeeegdf

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But yesterday the Evil Queen rolled out her plan for kids to go back to school in the fall. She plans to send lots of $$$ to the schools for PPE and other C-19 stuff.
She failed to say (unless I missed it) where the money for her plan was coming from.
I believe that 2021 will be the year of draconian taxation for Michiganders!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, that's the thing about reopening schools. She can make the Independent School Districts raise the taxes and take responsibility for doing so, and if anything goes wrong then it's the school's fault rather than hers.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

She failed to say (unless I missed it) where the money for her plan was coming from.
I believe that 2021 will be the year of draconian taxation for Michiganders!

You missed the part on the live briefing where she expects the Fed to pony up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did miss the Fed plea. But she has been begging the Fed (and trashing Trump) since the git-go, so no surprise.
And here in the Yoop we have a very popular mini version of the state fair which is held every August in Escanaba, eh.
Just cancelled. I would guess its a significant loss for businesses and for the city.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

And here in the Yoop we have a very popular mini version of the state fair which is held every August in Escanaba, eh.
Just cancelled. I would guess its a significant loss for businesses and for the city.

They canceled the Hillsdale Co Fair the other day.Ask Appliance Brad how he feels about that Smile

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

They canceled the Hillsdale Co Fair the other day.Ask Appliance Brad how he feels about that Smile

Brad was... miffed.

As of 11pm tonight, all bars that make over 70% of their revenue from liquor sales are closed. UNLESS you're a winery, micro brew, or micro distillery. OR in the upper lower peninsula (where her vacation home is) or the UP.

Oh, and if your bar has a patio THAT can be open.

Why you ask? A bunch of people got sick at 1 bar in Lansing, there were a few cases reported at 1 in Royal Oak. That forces bars in 70% of the state to close. Nice eh?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Even up north is feeling this as these events have been canceled:

National Cherry Festival, Traverse City
Biggest Little Fourth in the North, 4th of July Parade, Onaway
Soo Locks Engineers' Day and Weekend, Sault Ste. Marie
Nautical Festival, Rogers City
Posen Potato Festival, Posen

I'm sure there's more, but these were regular events for us.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure this counts as a mutiny, but most of the Governor of IL's EO's were just ruled unconstitutional in state court: https://edgarcountywatchdogs.c...7/ORDER-7_2_2020.pdf

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The city of Temple, just cancelled the “HEB All American Drive-in Fireworks Show” because the mayor thinks that staying in your car will spread the Kung-flu, you can’t make this up......

(HEB is a grocery Chain here in TX)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a nationwide property tax revolt. All property tax payers refuse to pay until law and order is restored. We pay and follow the rules while so many members of our society can run free, break the laws, pay nothing for much of anything, piss on the law officers , disrespect America and I am sick of it!!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Queen Andy is still bumping his gums. No one is listening any longer. Enough people have figured out that they have been lied to so much by Andy, Fauci and the rest that nothing said has any credibility.

The only thing that has remained constant is being able to figure out the people who will turn you in when guns become illegal. “If it saves one life......”

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some libtard Harvard researcher is saying NC needs another "stay home order" because "gasp" there are 13.5 cases per 100,000 people in the state. What the hell drug are these people on anyway???? I sort of halfway followed the last one because so much was closed, but I'll be damned if I follow another. They can kiss my ass if dipshit tries to order that again!!!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
What the hell drug are these people on anyway????
Fascism

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Seems Governor Douche Sock has now decreed that starting Tuesday, all businesses must refuse to serve anyone not wearing a mask.

God, I hope we can vote his ass out. A wet sack of dog shit might be a better option at this point.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Drove over to Bertrand, Missouri today with the son to buy some fireworks. About 500 people in the store, no social distancing, about 3 people wearing masks. We then went to Dexter BBQ and ate lunch. Again, no social distancing, no stupid every other table or no parties more than 6.

No one seemed terrified by the appearance of another human being without a mask.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
More than ever, it seems the intent is to beat us into submission. "Don't do this." "Don't go there." "Stay indoors." "Wear a mask." Apparently our "betters" don't believe we've had enough, yet.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Went out shooting with a friend and his wife today. Mask? Schmask. We were social, and kept good distance... from the targets. Big Grin

- - - - - - - -

Fpuhan, I think you're right.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post