SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nasty bitch

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Yes, she is absolute evil, and stirring the pot.

https://www.clickondetroit.com...-by-law-enforcement/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't recall any violence or damage during those rallies?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That important little fact just slipped her mind.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I wonder how MSP feel about her little comment? What a new level of stupid!!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Oregon Supreme Court adjudicated against a lawsuit against the Governor's overreaching Executive orders.

Governor put a seven day stay on reopening due to more cases of the virus (most likely presumptive cases and not proven cases).

Things are going to get interesting as the Governor is allowing these protests, but keeping law abiding citizens from assembling in groups more than 25..... Some of us are ready to push back.

I think our church service will be called a protest so that we can have maximum attendance.. we can protest the evil in this world.

Bars should hold a protest to allow them maximum patronage, and call it a protest against unlawful rules... Bar makes money, patrons get to gather together and have a drink.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oregon Supreme Court adjudicated against a lawsuit against the Governor's overreaching Executive orders.

Governor put a seven day stay on reopening due to more cases of the virus (most likely presumptive cases and not proven cases

^^^^^^^^^^
I am confused. What happened?

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

I wonder how MSP feel about her little comment? What a new level of stupid!!

She has an entire detachment of Troopers as her personal protection detail. I think it's 32 total but not sure how many are i duty at a given time. Her predecessor (Granholm) hated the MSP. Demanded the detachment but wouldn't let them be in uniform, and never wanted a marked MSP unit within her sight. She would go crazy if she spotted one.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Governor put a seven day stay on reopening due to more cases of the virus (most likely presumptive cases and not proven cases

^^^^^^^^^^
I am confused. What happened?

Back in May a group of churches, businessmen, and citizens filed suit against the Governor's Executive orders (stay at home orders) as they were extended without following the Oregon Constitution. This suite was approved/adjudicated as being proper and valid by a Circuit Court judge in Baker County.

The Oregon Supreme Court told the Judge to withdraw his judgement or make a statement as to why it was valid. He did not withdraw, his answer was to cite the Oregon and United States constitutions. So the Oregon Supreme court had to rule on this case against the stay at home orders... they ruled in favor of the stay at home orders... Four of Seven of the Oregon Supreme Court justices are appointees of Democrat Governors.

So now because of the rioting/protesting/ whatever the reason there are almost 200 more cases of this "virus" in Oregon... so the Governor has placed a stay of seven days before anymore counties open or move to the next arbitrary phase of opening.

These new "virus" cases are probably presumptive (not proven) instead of actual cases.

People are starting to stand up for themselves, as a gym owner in Portland has opened his doors against the executive orders.

Keep in mind I am in a very rural town in the Oregon Desert 2.5 hours east of Portland, and we are doing as we please while taunting the Governor as these "rules" are keeping crops from being harvested and planted, as well as keeping businesses closed.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK got it. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
OK got it. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Anytime brother Smile

I know I appreciate other's time when they respond to my questions.

I feel like those on this board are my brothers and sisters from other mothers.

I hope Para feels like a proud Papa to have so many kids Smile

posted Hide Post
And in todays presser, The Evil Queen has extended the "state of emergency" until July 16th.
And we must all be fully aware of a possible second wave.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
And the mayor of Anchorage strikes again. We've been trying for 2 years now to organize an Alaskan State Championship Tournament for archery. Finally got everything coordinated with a site, owner approval, liability insurance and support from USA Archery. The mayor and the city will not issue a use permit for the tournament. Even though we will be in compliance with all of the social distancing requirements of USA Archery, they will not issue one.

But, the city had no problem approving a permit for the BLM protest which the mayor attended. So we're thinking or reorganizing the tournament as a BLM protest, Bow Lives Matter.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
You know she really screwed the pooch, when the Detroit News will report anything negative about a Democratic Governor. Eek
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
The mayor and the city will not issue a use permit for the tournament.

That flat out sucks. I'm sure you must be frustrated knowing your daughter has a talent and a determination that she is unable to display through no fault of her own. I know I am with respect to my son.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
A judge ruled against Whitmer in her bid to keep gyms and other businesses closed.

What doesn't appear in this article was a statement that she made, that was broadcast on 1 station 1 time, that a judge shouldn't be able to make a decision contrary to facts and data. It is now being reported as an appeal. It takes gall to determine the courts should have no say in the executive power she proclaimed for herself.

https://www.clickondetroit.com...to-reopen-this-week/

343 - Never Forget

posted Hide Post
quote:
A judge ruled against Whitmer in her bid to keep gyms and other businesses closed.

What doesn't appear in this article was a statement that she made, that was broadcast on 1 station 1 time, that a judge shouldn't be able to make a decision contrary to facts and data. It is now being reported as an appeal. It takes gall to determine the courts should have no say in the executive power she proclaimed for herself.

https://www.clickondetroit.com...to-reopen-this-week/

Story

This article gives a little more information from both sides including the quote you mentioned, and that Whitless' administration has asked for a stay of the ruling.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
This quote...

“With this ruling, the court is playing a dangerous role it should not play: second-guessing and upending the data-informed decisions that have saved thousands of lives in Michigan,” Whitmer spokeswoman Tiffany Brown said Friday.

343 - Never Forget