SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I keep all location services off and never use bluetooth. I just have no need for it. But if they came out with a commie cold tracking app I'd turn it all on Smile

Love to walk next to a Karen in a grocery store isle while she is looking at what tomato sauce to buy and have her phone alert her an infected person was nearby....the possibilities are endless Smile

Of course I doubt any tracking app would be that fun.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just removed two posts from this thread. Am I going to have to lock this thing?

Please take a look at the first post in this thread. The subject is government overreach with these phony coronavirus shutdowns. This is what we're discussing, not idiots burning down their own neighborhoods.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I stand corrected. But will you allow the update?

I did.

It's either allow the update or run with an OS with known bugs and vulnerabilities. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If (?) it gets abused by government overreach I'll address it then.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I guess in her mind this makes perfect sense... Keep the good people locked up a t home and let the lawless run free.

Every previous protest in this state has earned us 2 more weeks of lock down. Wonder what she will do Monday.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...re-still-restricted/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Inslee in Washington had the mayors rise up en masse and send him letters saying
“enough.”
Most of the state’s counties have been opened but the 3 most populous ones can’t get the arbitrary numbers low enough. With Pierce County, It’s Tacoma driving through infection bus. Meanwhile, the rest of the county is fine. Our city has been at the same number of cases for days. Thankfully, our mayor was one of the instigators of going after the governor.
So, in a face saving move the governor announced a new “Phase 1.5” in addition to the current four phases. The criteria For 1.5 is, not surprisingly, just enough to qualify the three prosperous counties to ease the lockdown. He did require that the county leaders go hat in hand and humbly ask his permission to open.
My understanding is the paperwork will be hand delivered first thing Monday.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her Press Release for the "protest space" is a crock of shit.
She refers to the First Amendment giving people the right to protest. But wanted to shut down or diminish protests against her lock downs.
Here is a quote from her:
"We cant live in a society and a country where our rights are not equal for all".
What about the equality of rights for the vast majority of Michigan residents who are not infected and wont get infected but may lose the ability to work, worship or assemble peacefully?
Absolute bullshit!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You’ll hear nothing from the health department or MSP from this. She’ll get to say “oh I told them” but no actual action will he taken.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Whitmer, unlike many of the other tyrannical governors who are simply inept and just plain leftist, is evil. I'm convinced of it. She's an evil woman.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am watching Mysteries Of The Abandoned on the Discovery channel.
And there she is! Just her. No minions. Her very own commercial. The Evil Queen told me to stay home. And beware the second wave! Right in my living room! Eek
I wonder how much it costs to make a PSA and broadcast it statewide.

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am watching Mysteries Of The Abandoned on the Discovery channel.
And there she is! Just her. No minions. Her very own commercial. The Evil Queen told me to stay home. And beware the second wave! Right in my living room! Eek
I wonder how much it costs to make a PSA and broadcast it statewide.

Lucky you if that is your first, been seeing them regularly down state for at least a month. She has 4-5 different commercials.

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a first for me. Not surprising it has taken a while to cross the bridge. Lansing thinks the Yoop is the bastard step-child of Michigan.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have nearly all of the location services turned off already so I guess I will have to disable bluetooth unless I am in the car. That will be a PITA.

You can allow (or disallow) BT for apps on an individual basis. It was in the original iOS 13 update sometime ago.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good info! Thanks.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

ETA: I do not have any apps installed that permit tracking, but even if there were, the BT and tracking would be off.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So Goddamned stupid. That stupid shit means nothing and tells you even less.

Self-important fucking imbeciles.

Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Why use cell phones? Just chip us like dogs.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Why use cell phones? Just chip us like dogs.

Chips don’t broadcast, you have to scan them...cell phones are always querying the nearest towers and can be tracked

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I don't believe a State Governor can talk Apple or Android into major system updates to track citizens.

343 - Never Forget

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It seems that they didn't have to do so.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It seems that they didn't have to do so.

What's being added to the latest Android and iOS updates does not, in and of itself, do any tracking. It's just an Application Programming Interface (API) to allow programs to be installed that can.

Perhaps it will be abused. Perhaps it will not. Time will tell.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post