Notify
Tools

World Series Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
One team is going to be disappointed after tonight, but unless there is a complete meltdown somehow, neither side need be ashamed.

It’s a terrific series.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
First pro sports that's been on in my house, outside of Formula1 or the Tour de France, in a long time.
Have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

Edit: Also, GO STROS!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 great teams so it's anybody game tonight. I'm hoping the Astros will prevail. Very proud of their accomplishment even if they fall short...

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Best series since the 91 Twins-Braves

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Tinfoil: I swear if Houston wins that it’s obvious pro sports are rigged. 9/11, Patriots win. Hurricane Katrina, Saints win. Hurricane Harvey...

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Definitely looking forward to the game tonight, though that 3:15 alarm might suck tomorrow.

Side note, the Houston Chronicle had been asking around about interviewing a fan and apparently a few people mentioned my brother, so they ended up doing a phone interview with him and then went to his house and took some pics. I think it’s supposed to be printed next Wednesday if I recall correctly but it’s up on their site now. Pretty cool.

http://m.chron.com/neighborhoo...1.php#photo-14467600

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Kind of conflicted...so I'm just looking for an exciting game. George Springer hits a 3 run homer in the top of the 9th. I like both clubs, outside of Puig, their all class acts Smile

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Tinfoil: I swear if Houston wins that it’s obvious pro sports are rigged. 9/11, Patriots win. Hurricane Katrina, Saints win. Hurricane Harvey...

Yeah but California, specifically Los Angeles is a disaster every day of the year, so this one is ours Smile

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

9/11 Yankees lost.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Go Astros!

This is been an incredible World Series. Perfect timing for MLB since the NFL is shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've never been much of a MLB fan. That said I'm watching tonight.

Having flashbacks to my youth with both attending our local Triple A farm team games and in junior high being able to go into the auditorium during class breaks to catch the world series being broadcast there. And yeah, that was a l-o-n-g time ago. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
quote:

9/11 Yankees lost.

Yeah, his tinfoil has a big hole in it. Smile

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Btw, I'm not watching, because I can no longer stand the heartache with Houston sports teams. Razz

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Looks like another tight game.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Yikes!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
5 - zip Astros top of the 2nd. Holy cow!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I don’t watch sports much. I watch some football, but that is about it. I decided to watch game 7 tonight for some reason and so far it is good. Of course I am rooting for Houston.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Will hate to see baseball season end this year.

Either team winning is fine with me.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
5 - zip Astros top of the 2nd. Holy cow!

It's early, and the pitching is thin. Stros can't back off now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Darvish had that tendency with the Rangers, to get beat up the first inning or two, then settle in and be unhitable, or not.