SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Longing For A 2 Door Tahoe
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longing For A 2 Door Tahoe Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
This particular itch can only be scratched by the 2 door model.

Yep... gotcha. I understand.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple of two-door Tahoes on Boise, ID craigslist that are easily in your price range if you don't mind the drive. We don't use salt on roads so undercarriages should be good..

1997 with 104K for $6995, White with grey interior.

https://boise.craigslist.org/ctd/6174248194.html

Pimped out 1999 with 114K for $4999

https://boise.craigslist.org/wto/6115553214.html

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
Here's a couple of two-door Tahoes on Boise, ID craigslist that are easily in your price range if you don't mind the drive. We don't use salt on roads so undercarriages should be good..

I laughed out loud at the '99, it needs the red interior Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:

I laughed out loud at the '99, it needs the red interior Big Grin

Just admit the gull wing doors and Cadillac grill are making you re-think your hatred of red velvet! :-)

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

The White one is in good shape... just needs the hood repaired/repainted.

Here's one, 1999 Chevy Tahoe sport - $6000
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/6158117194.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I would like to get a close up look at this one. I don't trust the miles, it looks like someone has tampered with the odometer, but it's super clean. The drivers seat wear is a good indication of use on these and it looks to be original.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ctd/6179336058.html

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I am really only interested in pristine original examples and have no timeframe.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would like to get a close up look at this one. I don't trust the miles, it looks like someone has tampered with the odometer, but it's super clean.

Looks like a nice one.
Run a carfax and ask for service records. You should be able to tell if it was rolled back.

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
1999 CHEVY 2 DOOR TAHOE 4X4 - $4500

https://stlouis.craigslist.org...-4x4/6269652158.html

-rduckwor

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up but 197k miles is a non-starter for me. As I looked around more and more it seems nice ones pop up somewhat regularly with 100k miles and even less sometimes. I have decided to wait until my boy turns 15 and gets his learner's permit to shop hard, unless an unbelievable truck/deal pops up.

Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
This one seems to fit the bill.

Posts: 742 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delmag Tech:
This one seems to fit the bill.

That's an odd duck there. The grill on that truck was only on the base work truck version. That wasn't offered with leather interior but the interior is period correct, the carpet is not. There has been some restoration or rebuilding for sure.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Did you ever find one?
This granted a GMC is on Bring a Trailer
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-gmc-yukon-sle/

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
If one exists Texas would be the place. Salt has eaten most of them up here. That’s one of my favorite models. Even the older mid 80s two door.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no idea where south of BHM is
BHM is Birmingham, Alabama.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
This is kind of the benchmark for my quest. I simply couldn't do the red interior though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-C...rksid=p2047675.l2557

I think you would be silly to pass on it solely based on the red interior.

I was going to agree with you, then I pulled up the photos. Straight out of the 70's era Bunny Ranch. You can't even consider carpet and upholstery, cause you're still stuck with the dash and console. Man, that's ugly.

Honestly, ugly is an attribute for a vehicle you plan on passing on to a 16 year old.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Although I still look occasionally for a nice 2 door, I ended up going a different direction for my son's car. I picked it up in February and he has been doing all of his student driver hours in it but it has been my primary driver. He will get it full time in early December when he turns 16.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Needs battery and fuel pump to run. Very very solid body....
But for a thousand bucks you give it to the kid and don't worry about it...
Smile
https://stlouis.craigslist.org...ukon/6980994875.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

-rduckwor