SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rogue cow on the run in Eastern KY
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rogue cow on the run in Eastern KY Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Rogue Cow wanders through Eastern KY.. Reported as uncatchable by law enforcement. And it obeys the rules of traffic.

ChikFilA reports it isn't one of theirs......

Moooove mouse here for link

Nobody can catch an Eastern Kentucky cow that has roamed the streets of Prestonsburg for almost a week.

Described as “a very active cow,” the heifer is believed to have made the trek from Johnson County to Floyd County. The mobile bovine started showing up on security cameras Sunday night. Even more remarkably, the cow is minding all local laws.

“As we’ve tracked it, it has minded road rules and stayed on the shoulder,” Prestonsburg police said. “She also browsed our downtown local shops from the street on her way through and seems impressed.”

After four days, the cow has still evaded capture. How? It makes absolutely no sense.

It isn’t the first time animals on the loose have made headlines. One of the more exhilarating stories I ever covered as a student journalist involved a loose steer on UK’s campus. A member of the rodeo team had to lasso the beast that caused traffic problems on Cooper Drive.

Floyd County High School probably doesn’t have a rodeo team waiting to respond to all loose cattle calls, but somebody’s gotta be able to contain the cow. There’s only one possible explanation: the Prestonsburg cow has only been seen on nighttime security cameras. The black cow must have transformed into a nocturnal beast in order to move swiftly from town to town throughout the night.

If Eric C. Conn could evade authorities for weeks, this cow will never be captured.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...VWQ&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Shape shifter

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She'll never leave Harlan alive....

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
It's Schroedinger's Cow Paradox.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
We had Zeke the zebra running wild and visiting pastures here in Bradley County TN a few years ago...he got around quite a bit before he was finally apprehended for his crimes...he was already wearing his prison outfit Big Grin...

https://www.horsetalk.co.nz/20...s-freedom-tennessee/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
That's no ordinary cow. That's an Eastern Kentucky cow.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
That's no ordinary cow. That's an Eastern Kentucky cow.
How can you tell the difference ? Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/FQMbXvn2RNI

It’s only a matter of time before the chickens in choppers. The end is nye I tells ya.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
When I was in New Delhi a few weeks ago, rouge cows were a common sight Wink

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We had a hormone-crazed cow escape from the feed lot at UC Davis, where a friend was manager. The cow had been artificially inseminated with semen from a brahma bull (I am NOT making this up!).

Apparently triggered by this date-rape, the cow managed to escape from the lot and made it across the overpass to an equestrian area where some equestriennes tried vainly to calm her down so she could be returned to her life as a sex slave.

Fearing the worst, the City of Davis SWAT team arrived and were forced to shoot Bossie when she continued to resist arrest. The fear was potential terrorist attacks against drivers along the nearby freeway.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
...the City of Davis SWAT team arrived and were forced to shoot Bossie when she continued to resist arrest...

Now, that's udderly ridiculous! Typical Government Bullshit!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The steaks really were high....I guess she had to be shot.

Yes I hate myself. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post