SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPS Delivery change.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS Delivery change. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
This is the first time I have heard of this excuse:
03/09/2017
6:00 P.M.
A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

I ordered some handgun rounds from Freedom Munitions on February 20, after 6 days waiting for the order to be filled they said it would arrive on 3/10/2017 by the end of the day. The ammunition is at a UPS site in NJ since 0300 this morning. Now they are claiming it will be here on Monday by the end of the day.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
This is the first time I have heard of this excuse:
03/09/2017
6:00 P.M.
A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

I ordered some handgun rounds from Freedom Munitions on February 20, after 6 days waiting for the order to be filled they said it would arrive on 3/10/2017 by the end of the day. The ammunition is at a UPS site in NJ since 0300 this morning. Now they are claiming it will be here on Monday by the end of the day.

OK, so what are you going to do? Go raid their place? Big Grin
FWIW, I've experienced this several times. Stuff is here already on Friday AM, but not gets delivered until Monday. If it doesn't make their cutoff time, whatever it is, then it gets pushed over the next business day. No big deal.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't sound like an excuse. It sounds like a reason.
I really don't think UPS deliberately derailed that train just to make your shipment late.
I just had 1000rds. shipped to me from Florida.
I live 3000 miles away from there.
I received several notifications from Fedex that they were watching the storms in the south
and the flooding situation in several other places and would advise if delays were going to happen.
Sounds like they are just trying to keep us advised as to the status of our packages.

Posts: 162 | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gasbag:
Doesn't sound like an excuse. It sounds like a reason.
I really don't think UPS deliberately derailed that train just to make your shipment late.
I just had 1000rds. shipped to me from Florida.
I live 3000 miles away from there.
I received several notifications from Fedex that they were watching the storms in the south
and the flooding situation in several other places and would advise if delays were going to happen.
Sounds like they are just trying to keep us advised as to the status of our packages.

I can understand that things like this do happen, but when it is sitting at their terminal instead of being transferred is an excuse. The delivery is not a big deal, I have just never heard of that particular reason before.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I sold a Luger on GB and shipped it to the Buyer. It was in the UPS plane that crashed in Birmingham.

It does happen.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hope it didn't happen in a bad neighborhood. The freight trains do not usually run through the nicer parts of town. It is amazing how fast the broken down cars are stripped even on the busy expressway. Just kidding I suspect it will arrive intact.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Hope it didn't happen in a bad neighborhood. The freight trains do not usually run through the nicer parts of town. It is amazing how fast the broken down cars are stripped even on the busy expressway. Just kidding I suspect it will arrive intact.

Now, you're freaking him out. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I've noticed that all shippers are now posting "exceptions" to delivery dates due to "the major storm in the east" or other weather conditions. I see no problem with a major train derailment being a valid excuse for delay. Crap happens.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three days ago I sent a small package 2nd day air to DC via UPS. The next day I got a message essentially saying "Due to bad weather, the shipment left a day late."

The "bad weather" was nasty t-storms, VERY high winds, and a few tornadoes that sent me to the basement for a while. I understand why it got delivered one day later than scheduled.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I've actually seen the derailment notification a few times.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Some of the trailer boxes are hauled by train then off loaded onto tractor trailer clamp on frames.
Many times "the train was late" when I worked at a ups hub

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
UPS is really on their game lately, I ordered something, got a one day delay notification due to a snowstorm, then found out the zip code was wrong
The shipper changed it two days ago, delivery was changed from Thursday to today.

It was In Spokane yesterday now it's in Pullman WA, which is 74 miles from where it was yesterday in the wrong direction.

If I'm lucky I'll see it Monday.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Now, you're freaking him out. Big Grin

It had to be a least 3 years ago that I read a box car was in a fenced in yard in Chicago when it was broken into and a few hundred S&W AR 15's were stolen.
I don't need the ammunition to shoot (turned cold and had snow). I have plenty, this was to just to restock what I and my family shot during a warm day in February.

Living the Dream