SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fusion GPS - NRA “infiltrated” by Russia...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fusion GPS - NRA “infiltrated” by Russia... Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Holy crap, da Commies are in the NRA now? Sure. Your credibility is now divided by zero. Uh, I’m going to need that stapler before you go...

Fusion GPS Founder Told Congress That Russians Had Infiltrated The NRA

The co-founder of the opposition research firm behind the Trump dossier testified to Congress earlier this month that he believed Russian operatives have infiltrated the National Rifle Association.

Glenn Simpson, a founding partner of Fusion GPS, casually suggested in an interview with the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence that the gun rights group had been breached, a source familiar with the matter told The Daily Caller.

Fox News first reported about Simpson’s testimony on Tuesday night.

TheDC’s source said that Simpson suggested the NRA-Russia connection in response to a line of questions from committee Democrats who asked whether any conservative groups have been infiltrated by Kremlin agents.

No evidence has been made public supporting Simpson’s allegations, and it was not clear from Simpson’s testimony what links he believes there are between the NRA and Russian agents.

The dossier, which was funded by the Clinton campaign and DNC, makes no mention of the NRA or any other conservative groups. The document, written by former British spy Christopher Steele, alleges that the Trump campaign cooperated with the Russian government in order to help Trump win the election.

News articles attempting to link Russians to the NRA have appeared with increased frequency over the past year. The articles have keyed in on Aleksander Torshin and Maria Butina, two Russian nationals who have developed a close relationship to the pro-Second Amendment group.

The pair are lifetime members of the NRA and frequently attend the group’s events. In 2011, Butina founded a Russian gun rights group called The Right to Bear Arms. Some NRA officials have visited Russia to attend that group’s functions.

It is not clear if Simpson was referring to Torshin, the deputy chairman of Russia’s central bank, and Butina during his House committee interview.

Torshin and Butina entered the news again last week after the Senate Judiciary Committee cited an email sent to the Trump campaign offering a “Russian backdoor overture and dinner meeting” with Donald Trump.

The email, sent from a Christian values advocate named Rick Clay to Rick Dearborn, a Trump campaign official, suggested that Torshin sought face time with Trump on the sidelines of the NRA annual meeting held in Louisvillve in May 2016.

The email made its way to Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, who shot down the idea.

Despite that, the email was reported in the press as an attempt either by the Trump campaign to collude with Russia or as an effort by Torshin to gain access to the Trump orbit.

Torshin’s initial contact in the U.S., a man named Johnny Yenason, said that he — and not Torshin — suggested a meeting with Trump. (RELATED: Central Figure In ‘Backdoor Overture’ Request Denies That Russian Official Sought Meeting With Trump)

Yenason told TheDC in exclusive interviews this week that he met Torshin and Butina at a National Prayer Breakfast function in Moscow in March 2016. He contacted the pair two months later in hopes that they would attend a veterans group fundraiser that he was putting together on the sidelines of the NRA convention.

Yenason, who provided emails to back up his claim, then got in touch with Clay with the idea of asking the Trump campaign whether the Republican would be interested in attending the event and meeting Torshin.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11...infiltrated-the-nra/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Well, almost half of Congress has been infiltrated by the commies. That's fact.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
That's right comrades, you've sold your soul to Mother Russia for your choice of a pocket knife or a range bag Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
Yea, sounds more like the NRA is trying to infiltrate Russia.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does this mean the Russkies are now suffering the onslaught of NRA emails, junk mail and phone calls?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Bless their hearts.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Russians like guns too

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
So *that's* why AKs are so popular.

(eye roll)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
You do know that Mikhail Kalashnikov became a NRA life member when he was in his 80s. Look it up! I think that bit of info is quite cool.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
These liberals are just too funny with their Russians infiltrating the NRA narrative. It's yet another ploy to demonize gun owners and firearms in general. They haven't succeeded in convincing the Great Unwashed that Trump is a Russian agent, so according to their twisted logic, the NRA is the KGB reconstituted. Fact is, the Russians have always directed propaganda at the West, but to little effect.

When I was a kid, my brother and I inherited our Grandad's Zenith console radio. It was manufactured in the 1930s and was a shutter dial shortwave set with 12 tubes and a massive (for the time) twelve inch speaker. It glowed in the dark, and we spent quite a few evenings listening to Radio Moscow broadcast their English language versions of Soviet propaganda and laughing at it all the while. Radio Havana was also a hoot, even though we couldn't understand much Spanish. Fidel Castro was on all the time hollering about "imperialismo Yanquis." Nowadays the democrats are all worried that the Russkies are going to use the internet and social media to turn American voters against them. Their concern for us is truly touching.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
The democrats are not "worried" about anything except losing. The Democrats are not worried about Russia's influence, except that Russia is more capitalist now than anyplace. After all, the DNC has been the popular front for CPUSA since the '60s. Nobody even has a plausible theory why the Russians would want to "infiltrate" the NRA, or why anyone should care. They just want to associate the NRA with a boogeyman.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So this tidbit from the Fusion testimony leaks out but nothing about their or Clintons collusion with russia does? Uh-huh...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Well, almost half of Congress has been infiltrated by the commies. That's fact.

^^^ THIS!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Many of the Newly Independent States had long-established "rifle culture" dating to pre-Bolshevik days. Why wouldn't they be all-in for the NRA?

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Uh, I’m going to need that stapler before you go...

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Well, almost half of Congress has been infiltrated by the are commies. That's fact.

FIFY.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
So who has been promoting all this “diversity?”

Congress and the rest of the government has been infiltrated by Russians, Irish, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, atheists, gays, blacks, fat cats, Jews, Asians, Muslims, even women these days.

Even the term “Democrat” is merely a polite word for Communist.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Being a patron life member I hear I get a mail in ballot for the next Russian election.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyp9fh-u4w8

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post