SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    H.S. Football players suspended indefinitely for carrying Thin Blue and Thin Red Line Flag, Sept 11th.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H.S. Football players suspended indefinitely for carrying Thin Blue and Thin Red Line Flag, Sept 11th. Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I think the biggest issue is that the boys asked permission and were denied. They did it anyways. While I don’t have an issue with the flags they carried out, they were insubordinate.
Sorry Bean man but this gave me a chuckle. We currently have petulant children running around all over this country buring, stealing, committing property damage, committing assault, among other crimes, and people like this retarded super (and he is retarded) are cool with that because they have a right to protest, but these children simply carrying a couple flags is a problem to him. Again, the man is retarded. As with virtually everything today, parents need to band together, hire an attorney, and file a huge lawsuit against the school. It's only through pain and suffering that this BS will come to an end. It would also end if school boards would immediately fire retards like this idiot for doing this crap, but we all know the school boards are part of the problem too.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
The boys screwed up when they asked permission and then went against the Administration's decision . Now they have no defense . I hate it , but that's the way it is .
Wrong. My bet, do a bit of looking and you'll find an instance at that school of hispanics carrying a Mexican flag on school property, of BLM shirts being worn, or any number of other 1st amendment examples. It's lawsuit time. And make the number a Yuuuuuge one.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with Bean on this...

They asked and were denied by the authority. If you go to work and your boss says dont do something and you do it anyway, even if you are proven right in the end, isnt your boss going to be pissed?

If a player says I want to run this play, and the coach says "NO" and you run it anyway, arent you going to be benched or punished in some way, even if that play scores?

This has nothing to do with a flag or supporting first responders, they asked and were told no. That is the problem. You can protest the decision, but they are students in that school and were told no. If they felt strongly enough to defy the decision, so be it, but that comes with consequences.

Do you let your children defy you after you say no? Even if they disagree with you and general consensus is on their side? Everyone is doing it, dad.

As pointed out, what if it was a BLM flag and the super said no, and they did it anyway?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Is this a public high school or not?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Three important life lessons learned:

1) Better to have "sinned" and risk reprimand afterwards, than to ask permission and be denied an opportunity to succeed.

2) If you do ask for permission, insubordination charges are justified if you go ahead and do whatever you wanted to against a clear order prohibiting your action(s).

3) Some managers (ie: School officials) are too cowardly to approve actions that may ruffle the feathers ("Trigger" the emotions) of even one person. Always consider the source you're going to, before deciding who to approach for consent or directives.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
This has nothing to do with a flag or supporting first responders, they asked and were told no.
I was with you, up to that point. My bet, if the boys had wanted to run onto the field carrying a rainbow flag, or a BLM flag, the reatard in charge would have likely given them the go ahead. This is 'all' about an agenda given where society is at this particular moment in time.
quote:
As pointed out, what if it was a BLM flag and the super said no, and they did it anyway?
There is 'zero' comparison of the American flag to a strictly political BLM flag. If the kids wanted to run onto the field carrying a Trump 2020 or Biden 3030 sign and were denied, that would be one thing. And even if they did ignore that decision, are 'indefinite' suspensions warranted? No sir, mental retardism is strong in that super and he should lose him job immediately. I hate cowards, but I hate childish ideologouges even more.

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
This has nothing to do with a flag or supporting first responders, they asked and were told no.

I think we ( conservative adults and children ) are being told "NO!" all the damn time now aren't we?

Should we just STFU and raise the Black Power Fist like they want us too?

These kids didn't ask to carry political flags.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98: These kids didn't ask to carry political flags.

Unfortunately, we now live in a time where proudly waiving the American flag is considered not only to be "political", but offensive to some. It's sick.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you ask permission and are denied, doing it anyways, even if what you’re doing isn’t wrong, now it is wrong as you have been denied permission. Now it is insubordination.

Whether they asked or did not ask doesn't mean jackshit.

The entire blame, 100% is on the school super, not even 1% of it on the kids. Fuck that school admin idiot, lyin' anti-American asshole, of course he meant it to be political. On 9/11 for Christ sakes.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
The boys screwed up when they asked permission and then went against the Administration's decision . Now they have no defense . I hate it , but that's the way it is .
Wrong. My bet, do a bit of looking and you'll find an instance at that school of hispanics carrying a Mexican flag on school property, of BLM shirts being worn, or any number of other 1st amendment examples. It's lawsuit time. And make the number a Yuuuuuge one.
No , I am not wrong . What I said is exactly what happened . And I agree it is lawsuit time and I hope they win , but those other incidents , if they actually happened were probably not challenged in Court and are not going to be relevant this time .

Posts: 3971 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
The suspension has been set aside and any discipline will be handled by the coaching staff.

https://local12.com/news/local...ng-police-fire-flags

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Permission or not, if you don't let those football players/ student athletes - carry those 1st responder flags in public, you Superintendant, picked a side. It ain't the side that I'm on.
Hope he or she is hunting a job soon.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard lesson in asking for forgiveness, rather than seeking permission.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you ask permission and are denied, doing it anyways, even if what you’re doing isn’t wrong, now it is wrong as you have been denied permission. Now it is insubordination.

Really??? Insubordination?? These are high school kids not law enforcement or military and their action was not political. There were ceremonies all over the country marking the anniversary of 9-11, and how the hell is it political to honor those responders who rushed into two burning buildings and lost their lives??? The idiot, pencil pushing superintendent made it political.
I'm willing to bet there are kids running around his school system in blm shirts and other marxist junk without hearing a peep out of him.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:

Really??? Insubordination?? These are high school kids not law enforcement or military and their action was not political. There were ceremonies all over the country marking the anniversary of 9-11, and how the hell is it political to honor those responders who rushed into two burning buildings and lost their lives??? The idiot, pencil pushing superintendent made it political.
I'm willing to bet there are kids running around his school system in blm shirts and other marxist junk without hearing a peep out of him.

You are both right... The super is an idiot and made a stupid decision. And they should have just done it and not asked.

However they did ask and were told no. Kids cant just be left to do what they want after school officials make a decision. If the decision is bad, the adults can have that debate and maybe change the outcome (like apparently they did). Rarely is it a good idea in any situation to openly defy a decision made by a boss, superior officer, parent, authority figure. And rarely do you not pay some price for doing it, whether the decision was good or bad.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gotten to the point that I would be really happy if everyone home schooled their kids. My daughter in law is a teacher too. She does not feel that way, but mostly administration.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coach: "Oh I didn't know the super said they couldn't carry those flags, I told them they could. It's on me, I take full responsibility for honoring the police and fireman who sacrificed their lives on 9/11"

Problem solved!

Saying even one goddamn word against flying those two flags on 9/11 is utterly incomprehensible. The super needs to be sued, fired, and exposed for being the America hater he his. Cancel him, dox him, send him hate mail, expose his past misdeeds, drive him out of town. Only by inflicting repeated negative consequences for this kind of crap will they every think about stopping.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Find a blood thirsty lawyer willing to take it on retainer. Sue the ever loving SHIT out of the leftist trash if it’s possible. This makes my blood boil!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
No , I am not wrong . What I said is exactly what happened . And I agree it is lawsuit time and I hope they win , but those other incidents , if they actually happened were probably not challenged in Court and are not going to be relevant this time .
Those 'other' examples will be evidence that there is no equality in how similar issues are handled, and will show a complete one sided slant by the administration. That will be gold in a lawsuit.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
The suspension has been set aside and any discipline will be handled by the coaching staff.
Party at Coach Smith's house on Friday night! And feel free to bring your first responder flags. Smile