SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    AquaSana Water Filtration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AquaSana Water Filtration Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
Received a brochure from Aquasana for Whole House water filtration systems and I am intrigued. I've long thought about doing something like this. Does anyone have any experience with this brand or similar systems?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Just got a filtered shower head and put it in yesterday, I'll keep y'all posted!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Does your water taste bad or harsh on your clothes or too much chlorine in the shower? Any of those issues can be cured with point of use filters.
My issue with a whole house filter in S. Fla is the chlorine is filtered out of your water. The intense summer heat can breed bacteria quickly with no chlorine to counteract it.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
The filtered showerhead does keep down the lime scale, but I don’t see getting much more than 45 to 60 days out of each one effectively. Going to be kind of expensive

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update sybo.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I think an all house system is overkill. You can use a carbon filter for the shower and a filter on the sink output faucet for filtered water.

I have used the filter system for drinking water from Pure Earth since the early 90's.

http://www.pure-earth.com/water-filters.html

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We've thought about it, water in FL is very hard, showers and shower heads get scales easily, meaning your pipes, etc.

In FL a whole house is the way to go, we do have a filter on the two fridges, makes a big difference in the water we drink.

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
In the late 90's MTBE was a gas additive. It started showing up in drinking water and made my coffee taste like turpentine.

I used to set these things up in labs for chemistry mixing, so I cut my main water line, bought two whole house water filters at Lowes and made a panel.

1/4 turn valves on the in and out, a 100# fluid filled gage for pressure and we're off to the races.

5 micron spun cotton primary and 2 micron activated charcoal secondary.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post