SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    George W. Bush : As of this week, he's dead to me
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
George W. Bush : As of this week, he's dead to me Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I couldn't believe his recent performance; utter dismay. He not only didn't support Trump he's actually friendly with the former tenants of the White House.

Yes, he was the lesser of two evils in both of his elections. Didn't care for much of what he did but words escape now.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I couldn't stand the guy when he was president.

His speaking style just annoyed me. He always sounded like a dumbass. And no matter how educated he was, I never saw him as intelligent.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
For the life of me I don't understand why GWB did not speak out one word against Obama?
Yet, he pals around with Clintons and now comes out running his mouth?

What the hell is going on?

It's all about globalism. We're the idiots who break everything down to right vs left, democrats vs republicans, and liberals vs conservatives.

The real battle is globalists vs anti-globalist. GB and BO are on the same team

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I voted for both Bushes,I am ashamed of this now.

So, what were your alternatives?

posted Hide Post
Ex-Presidents just need to shut up and fade away.

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
So the Russians have hacked his brain? Or Just Dementia set in?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Ex-Presidents just need to shut up and fade away.

I don't have a problem with career politicians ending their career the way they started it.
By attending ribbon cutting ceremonies at the local Bo-Bos burger joint.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
Wish I could post a spirited defense of GWB, but it is awfully difficult.

Even with those charitable accounts of what he says, or doesn't say directly with regard to our new president, there is one simple reason the media is interviewing him: to tear down Donald Trump.

Why let yourself be used like that, even if your don't particularly like President Trump?

Come on, man. He is part of the establishment. He's not being used. He's rolling around in bed with all of them, including the corrupt media. He wants to tear down Trump.

Just wish that isn't/wasn't the case....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He's a big government, globalist, elitist, establishment, oligarch, and no true friend of liberty, conservatism, or the constitution. He was barely, barely, barely better than the alternatives at the time. I, too, wish he'd just go back to shutting the fuck up.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
It may well be, most politicians, regardless of party, serve themselves (and each other) first, the people second. And it may well be the divide between Dems and Repubs is as much showmanship as substance.

Seems there is a growing divide between those in gov't and the people they serve. Such trends usually do not end well.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
From my perspective what we are seeing is the Quigley Formula at work. Professor Carroll Quigley was one of Bill Clintons profs at Georgetown.

This is a long video but worth watching if you are a student of history: http://tinyurl.com/z6wxqu7

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Why does anyone find this surprising. Trump even as President, is still not a member of the Republican establishment. The establishment Republicans still in office have to deal with him, and, at least for the moment, seem to be playing ball. But they still see him as an outsider threat that my needs to be managed.

The Bushes, since none are in office anymore, don't feel the need to play ball. They see him as screwing with their francise, and won't hesitate to embarrass him.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Never been a fan of his.

They both refused to endorse Trump nor would they vote for him. We all know that was pretty much the same as a vote for Hillary.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post